II Air Support Command
|II Air Support Command|
|Branch||United States Army Air Forces|
|Type||Command and Control|
The unit participated in various air-ground maneuvers, supported ground units in training, and put on air support demonstrations.
- Constituted as II Air Support Command on 21 August 1941
- Activated on 1 September 1941
- Redesignated II Ground Air Support Command in April 1942
- Redesignated II Air Support Command in September 1942
- Redesignated II Tactical Air Division in August 1943
- Inactivated on 22 December 1945
- Disbanded on 8 October 1948.
- Second Air Force, 21 August 1941 – 22 December 1945
- 48th Bombardment Group, 1 September 1941 – 2 May 1942
- 71st Reconnaissance Group, 1 October 1941-March 1942; August 1942-November 1943
- 77th Reconnaissance Group, 12 March-24 May 1942; 7 September 1942-6 August 1943
- Attached to III Ground Air [later, III Air] Support Command, 7 September 1942-5 August 1943
- 312th Bombardment Group, 15–16 March 1942
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Portal/images/u' not found. 12px This article incorporates public domain material from websites or documents of the Air Force Historical Research Agency.
- Maurer, Maurer (1983). Air Force Combat Units Of World War II. Maxwell AFB, Alabama: Office of Air Force History. ISBN 0-89201-092-4.