ISO 14644-5, Cleanrooms and associate controlled environments - Part 5: Operations, was published as an International Standard in 2004 and is available from Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology (IEST). The document was submitted as an American National Standard and has been adopted as ANSI/IEST/ISO 14644-5:2004 in the United States.
ISO 14644-5 provides the basic requirements for operating and maintaining cleanrooms and associated controlled environments. This standard addresses requirements that are basic to the operation of all cleanrooms, regardless of the application. Topics include:
- Operational systems that must be in place
- Selection and use of appropriate cleanroom garments
- Training and monitoring of personnel and activities
- Installation and use of equipment
- Requirements for materials used in the cleanroom
- Maintaining the cleanroom environment in a clean, usable condition conforming to design standards.
- ISO 14644 — standard for Airborne Particulate Cleanliness Classes in Cleanrooms and Clean Zones
- "ISO 14644-5 Scope". IEST. 2007-12-03. Retrieved 2008-01-17.