Infanta Maria Teresa of Spain (Spanish: María Teresa Isabel Eugenia del Patrocinio Diega de Borbón y Habsburgo, Infanta de España) (born 12 November 1882 in Madrid, Kingdom of Spain; died 23 September 1912 in Madrid, Kingdom of Spain) was the second eldest child and daughter of Alfonso XII of Spain and his second wife Maria Christina of Austria. Maria Teresa was an Infanta of Spain and a member of the House of Bourbon by birth and through her marriage to Prince Ferdinand of Bavaria, she was a Princess and Duchess of Bavaria and a member of the House of Wittelsbach.
Marriage and issue
Maria Teresa married her first cousin, Prince Ferdinand of Bavaria, Infante of Spain, eldest son and child of Prince Ludwig Ferdinand of Bavaria and his wife Infanta María de la Paz of Spain, on 12 January 1906 in Madrid. Maria Teresa and Ferdinand had four children:
- Infante Luis Alfonso of Spain; born on 6 December 1906 and died 14 May 1983.
- Infante José Eugenio of Spain; born on 26 March 1909 and died 16 August 1966. On 25 July 1933, he married María de La Ascunción Solange de Mesía y de Lesseps, Countess of Odiel and they had four children:
- Doña Maria Cristina de Baviera y de Mesía; born on 6 February 1935. On 21 July 1967, she married Don Juan Manoel de Urquijo de Morales.
- Don Fernando Juan de Baviera y de Mesía; born on 3 April 1937. On 14 May 1966, he married Sofia Cecilia de Arguer y Aris de Moysi and they have one child:
- Cristina de Baviera y de Arguer; born on 7 February 1974.
- Doña Maria Theresia de Baviera y de Mesía; born on 7 11 January 1941. On 23 November 1963, she married Don Alfonso Patino, Marquez Patino and they have two children:
- Myrta Sofia Patino y de Baviera; born on 27 October 1965. On 27 September 1994 she married Redro Escudero y Aznar.
- Sonia Victoria Patino y de Baviera; born on 7 June 1969. On 11 July 1992 she married Miguel Matossian y Osorio and they have one son, who was born in 1995.
- Don Luis Alfonso de Baviera y Mesía; born on 26 January 1942. He died on 4 December 1966 in a road accident.
- Infanta Maria de las Mercedes of Spain; born on 3 October 1911 and died 11 September 1953. On 29 August 1946, she married Irakli Georgeievich Bagration-Moukhransky, Prince Bagration-Moukhransky and they had two children:
- Maria de la Paz Bagration-Moukhransky, Princess Bagaration-Moukhransky; born on 27 June 1947. In 1968, she married José Luis Blanco de Briones and they have one child:
- Mercedes Tamara Blanco de Briones; born in October 1969.
- Maria de la Paz also had a child with Tomas Ortiz y Valero; Luis Alfonso Ortiz y Bagration, who was born in 1983.
- Bagrat Bagration-Moukhransky, Prince Bagration-Moukhransky; born on 12 June 1949. On 12 November 1976 he married Maria del Carmen de Ulloa y de Suelves and they have two children:
- Juan Bagration-Moukhransky, Prince Bagration-Moukhransky; born on 12 August 1977.
- Ines Bagration-Moukhransky, Prince Bagration-Moukhransky; born on 4 December 1980.
- Infanta Maria del Pilar of Spain; born on 15 September 1912 and died on 9 May 1918. 
Titles, styles, honours and arms
Titles and styles
- 12 November 1882 – 12 January 1906: Her Royal Highness Infanta Maria Teresa of Spain
- 12 January 1906 – 23 September 1912: Her Royal Highness Infanta Maria Teresa of Spain, Princess and Duchess of Bavaria
|Heraldry of Infanta Maria Teresa of Spain
|Coat of Arms of Infanta Maria Teresa of Spain.
| Ancestors of Infanta Maria Teresa of Spain
Generations indicate descent from Carlos I
, under whom the crowns of Castile and Aragon were united, forming the Kingdom of Spain.
- *title granted by Royal Decree
Template:Navbox with collapsible sections
Lua error in Module:Authority_control at line 346: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).