|License||GNU General Public License|
Info allows to read info files, which are files in a special format info generated by texinfo program from a Texinfo source, and presents the documentation as a tree, with simple commands to traverse the tree and to follow cross references. For instance
- n goes to the next page.
- p goes to the previous page.
- u goes to the upper page.
- l goes to the last visited node
- Moving the cursor over a link (a word preceded by a * ) and pressing the enter key follows a cross reference.
The C implementation of info was designed as the main documentation system of GNU based Operating Systems and was then ported to other Unix-like operating systems. However, info files had already been in use on ITS emacs.
List of Info readers
- khelpcenter (click "Browse Info Pages")
- vinfo (Vim help-files fashioned reading)
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.