Adverts

Open Access Articles- Top Results for Innaba

Innaba

Innaba
Arabic عنابة
Name meaning Jujube[1]
Subdistrict Ramle
Coordinates

31°54′07.55″N 34°56′51.40″E / 31.9020972°N 34.9476111°E / 31.9020972; 34.9476111Coordinates: 31°54′07.55″N 34°56′51.40″E / 31.9020972°N 34.9476111°E / 31.9020972; 34.9476111{{#coordinates:31|54|07.55|N|34|56|51.40|E|type:city_region:IL |primary |name=

}}
Palestine grid 145/145
Population 1,420 (1945)
Date of depopulation July 10, 1948[2]
Cause(s) of depopulation Military assault by Yishuv forces
Current localities Kefar Shemu'el

Innaba (Arabic: عنابة‎) was a Palestinian Arab village in the Ramle Subdistrict of Mandatory Palestine. It was depopulated during the 1948 Arab–Israeli War on July 10, 1948 by the Yiftach and Eighth Brigades of Operation Dani. It was located 7 km east of Ramla.

In 1945, it had population of 1,420. The Romans referred to the village as "Betoannaba". An elementary school for boys was founded in 1920 and in 1945, it had an enrollment of 168 students. Innaba also had a mosque, which was dedicated to al-Shaykh 'Abd Allah and had a shrine for him.

References

  1. ^ Palmer, 1881, p. 284
  2. ^ Morris, 2004, p. xix, village #244. Also gives cause of depopulation

Bibliography

</dl>

External links

Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.