Italy national under-20 football team
|Head coach||Alberigo Evani|
|FIFA U-20 World Cup|
|Appearances||5 (First in 1977)|
|Best result||Quarter-final, 1987, 2005, 2009|
The team competes in the FIFA U-20 World Cup, which is held every two years.
The U20 team is the de facto under-19 of the previous year, and it acts mainly as a feeder team for the U21s and provides further international development for youth players. The team qualified for its only official match, FIFA U-20 World Cup, depends on U19 result. The U19 team finished runners-up of the 2008 UEFA European Under-19 Football Championship, thereby qualifying for the 2009 FIFA U-20 World Cup.
Any player may receive an U20 call-up regardless of whether they have played for the under-19 team. As the team mainly participate in friendly tournaments, overage players may also be selected.
The team participated in an annual Four Nations Tournament with Germany, Switzerland and Poland (in the past Austria or a invitee), which was the main fixture of the U20 team.
The team also have an annual fixture with the Serie D Best XI after the end of the season, from 2007 (except 2009, which the U-20 (B team) was coined "U-19 team" and coached by U-19 coach Massimo Piscedda, which the A team went to Mediterranean Games).The 2006 edition was also played by the de facto U20 team but coached by U19 coach Paolo Berrettini. The 2011 edition was played by Italy Universiade team.
FIFA U-20 World Cup Record
- 1977: 3rd in Group C
- 1979: Did not qualify
- 1981: 4th in Group B
- 1983: Did not qualify
- 1985: Did not qualify
- 1987: Quarter-final
- 1989 to 2003: Did not qualify
- 2005: Quarter-final
- 2007: Did not qualify
- 2009: Quarter-final
- 2011: Did not qualify
- 2013: Did not qualify
- 2015: Did not qualify
as of June 2013
|Friendly 15 April 2014||Germany 23x15px||0–3||23x15px Italy|| width=4% style="vertical-align:top;" rowspan=2 #REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other|
This page is a soft redirect.
|18:30|| Improta Goal 51'
Manconi Goal 76', 89'
- "L'Italia Under 20 batte la Top 11 di D". Corriere dello Sport – Stadio (in Italian). 11 June 2012. Retrieved 8 September 2012.
- "Orvieto, Top 11 a testa alta contro l'Italia Under 20". Corriere dello Sport-Stadio (in Italian). 2010-06-04. Retrieved 2010-06-05.
- "Top 11: sport e solidarietà". Serie D News (in Italian). 3 June 2008. Retrieved 25 July 2010.
- "La Top 11 Serie D Corriere dello Sport supera per 1 - 0 l'Under 20". Serie D News (in Italian). 31 May 2007. Retrieved 25 July 2010.
- "A Orvieto si completa la grande festa del Top 11". interregionale.com (in Italian). 2 June 2009. Retrieved 8 December 2011.
- "TOP 11 SERIE D - Nazionale Under 19: 2 - 0". Serie D News (in Italian). 1 June 2006. Retrieved 25 July 2010.
- "Due vittorie azzurre nell’evento Top 11". Corriere dello Sport – Stadio (in Italian). 2 June 2011. Retrieved 9 December 2011.