James Ramsay, 17th Earl of Dalhousie
|The Earl of Dalhousie|
James Hubert Ramsay|
17 January 1948
|Title||Lord Ramsay (1950-1999)|
|Other titles||Chief of Clan Ramsay|
|Residence||Brechin Castle, Angus, Scotland|
Lord Steward of the Household|
Deputy Lieutenant of Angus
|Predecessor||16th Earl of Dalhousie|
|Heir||Simon Ramsay, Lord Ramsay|
|Spouse(s)||Marilyn Ramsay, Countess of Dalhousie|
Simon Ramsay, 16th Earl of Dalhousie|
The son of the 16th Earl of Dalhousie and Margaret Elizabeth Mary Stirling (sister of SAS pioneer and World War II hero Sir David Stirling), Dalhousie inherited his title in 1999 on the death of his father. He was educated at Ampleforth College in North Yorkshire. He is married to Marilyn Davina Butter, by whom he has two daughters and a son.
- Lady Lorna Theresa Ramsay (b. 1975), married with children
- Lady Alice Magdalene Ramsay (b. 1977)
- Simon David Ramsay, Lord Ramsay (b. 1981)
|Ancestors of James Ramsay, 17th Earl of Dalhousie|
- "James Hubert Ramsay, 17th Earl of Dalhousie". thePeerage.com. 28 September 2010. Retrieved 9 October 2010.
- Pelham, Amanda (17 February 2010). "The Lord speaks". Dal News (Dalhousie University). Retrieved 7 September 2011.
- "OAs in the Royal Household". Ampleforth Diary. Ampleforth College. December 2010.
- Peter Beauclerk Dewar (2001). Burke's landed gentry of Great Britain (19th ed.). Burke's Peerage and Gentry LLC. ISBN 0-9711966-0-5. Burke's landed gentry of Great Britain (19th ed.) at Google Books
- "The Clan Ramsay". Retrieved 7 September 2011.
- "Patronesses". Royal Caledonian Ball.
- Hansard 1803–2005: contributions in Parliament by the Earl of Dalhousie
- Dalhousie Estates
- James Ramsay, 17th Earl of Dalhousie
The Duke of Abercorn
|Peerage of Scotland|
|Earl of Dalhousie
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.