Japanese people in Egypt
|Regions with significant populations|
|English · Japanese · Arabic|
|Buddhism · Shintoism|
|Related ethnic groups|
There is a small community of Japanese people in Egypt, mainly of expatriates from Japan and Egyptian-born citizens of Japanese ancestry, mostly Japanese company employees. According to Japan's Ministry of Foreign affairs, there are about 1,051 Japanese residents in Egypt as of 2009.
Japanese Rail engineers and experts, who were dispatched by Japan International Cooperation Agency, have been coming to Cairo to provide technical guidance on inspection and repair work at Cairo Metro and Japanese firms "Kinki Sharyo Co." and the "Toshiba Corporation" have been contracted to produce the majority of the rolling stock for the project. There is also a team of Japanese archaeologists working in Egypt for over 40 years. One of their major projects was radar scanning inside and outside the Great Pyramid and they have also conducted important work at Dashur and Abusir.
Following the 2011 Egyptian Revolution, many Japanese nationals in Egypt left the country. About 470 Japanese nationals fled the growing unrest in Cairo on three Japanese government-charted airplanes arranged by the Japanese Foreign Ministry's emergency task force in February 2011. The Japanese government is also scrambling to check the safety of all Japanese nationals living in Egypt in the wake of Egyptian President Hosni Mubarakâs resignation
Japanese schools in Egypt:
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Portal/images/j' not found.
- : Ministry of Foreign affairs of Japan
- "Hopes rise for peace in Egypt." (Archive) The Daily Yomiuri. February 13, 2011. Retrieved on January 2, 2014.
- : Japanese Rail Engineers in Cairo
- : GTR Trade financial news - Japanese group to build Cairo metro
- : Celebrating Forty Years of Japanese Excavations in Egypt
- : Japan Today - About 470 Japanese flee Cairo unrest on chartered planes
- : Japan to employ chartered planes to rescue Japanese stranded in Egypt
- : Japan Today - Gov't scrambles to check safety of Japanese in Egypt
- Cairo Japanese Club (ã«ã¤ãæ¥æ¬äººä¼) Invalid language code.
- Japan Foundation Cairo Office (å½éäº¤æµåºéã«ã¤ãæ¥æ¬æåã»ã³ã¿ã¼)
- Japan Foundation Cairo Office Invalid language code.
- Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO) Cairo
- Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO) Cairo (Archive)