|Louisiana Tech Bulldogs No. 6|
|High school||Oviedo (FL) Hagerty|
|Date of birth||April 23, 1993|
|Place of birth||Oviedo, Florida|
|Height||Script error: No such module "convert".|
|Weight||Script error: No such module "convert".|
|Stats at ESPN.com|
Jeffrey M. Driskel (born April 23, 1993) is an American college football quarterback for the Louisiana Tech Bulldogs football team. Driskel was a redshirt junior for the Florida Gators during the 2014 fall season, and was the starter at quarterback. On January 3, 2015 Driskel was granted his release from his scholarship, and because he graduated over the summer, he is eligible to play immediately at Louisiana Tech as a graduate transfer.
Driskel attended Paul J. Hagerty High School in Oviedo, Florida. During his career he threw for 4,844 yards and 36 touchdowns. As a senior in 2010 he was the Maxwell Football Club National High School Player of the Year and the Gatorade Florida Player of the Year. He was ranked as the best pro-style quarterback recruit in his class by Rivals.com and Scout.com.
Driskel accepted an athletic scholarship to attend the University of Florida, where he played for coach Will Muschamp's Florida Gators football since 2011. As a freshman, Driskel appeared in five games, completing 16 of 34 passes for 148 yards with two interceptions. He became the team's starter as a sophomore in 2012. He led them to an 11-2 record and a berth in the 2013 Sugar Bowl, in which Florida lost to Teddy Bridgewater and the Louisville Cardinals.
After starting three games in 2013, Driskel broke his right fibula in a football game against the University of Tennessee and missed the remainder of the season. Prior to the start of the 2014 college football season, Driskel was put on the Maxwell Award and Davey O'Brien award watch-lists. Additionally, Driskel was named to Phil Steele's pre-season 3rd Team All-American list. On January 3, 2015, Driskel was granted his release from Florida and he transferred to Louisiana Tech.
Despite not playing baseball since high school, Driskel was selected by the Boston Red Sox with the 863rd pick of the 2013 Major League Baseball Draft. Driskel signed a contract with the Red Sox, but he has no plans to stop playing football. If he chooses to play baseball in the future, his rights will be owned by Boston. Other players who have signed similar contracts include Dennis Dixon, Jake Locker, Shaq Thompson, and 2012 Red Sox draftee Brandon Magee.
- "Jeff Driskel Maxwell Football Club National High School Player of the Year". Retrieved October 14, 2014.
- "Driskel named state player of the year". Gatorsports.com. Retrieved October 14, 2014.
- "Rivals.com". Retrieved October 14, 2014.
- "Florida names QB Jeff Driskel starter". ESPN.com. Retrieved October 14, 2014.
- "Gators Lose Driskel for Season; Teammates Disappointed for Junior Signal-Caller". Retrieved October 14, 2014.
- Boston Red Sox draft Gators starting quarterback Jeff Driskel
- "Jeff Driskel of Florida Gators signs contract with Boston Red Sox - ESPN". ESPN.com. Retrieved October 14, 2014.
- Sox Prospects.com. Retrieved on May 18, 2015.
- Florida profile
- Career statistics and player information from The Baseball Cube, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)