|File:Faye Dunaway Jerry Schatzberg Cannes 2011.jpg|
June 26, 1927
The Bronx, New York City, United States
Schatzberg was born to a Jewish family of furriers and grew up in the Bronx. He photographed for magazines such as Vogue, Esquire and McCalls. He made his debut as a feature film director with 1970's Puzzle of a Downfall Child starring Faye Dunaway. He went on to direct films such as Scarecrow, which shared the grand prize at the 1973 Cannes Film Festival, The Seduction of Joe Tynan, Honeysuckle Rose with Willie Nelson, Misunderstood (based on a novel by Florence Montgomery), Street Smart in 1987, and The Panic in Needle Park, which starred Al Pacino.
As a still photographer, one of Schatzberg's most famous images was the cover photo of the Bob Dylan album Blonde on Blonde, released in 1966. A collection of Schatzberg's images of Dylan was published by Genesis Publications in 2006, titled Thin Wild Mercury. Schatzberg still resides in New York City, where he is working on several film projects, including a sequel to "Scarecrow," co-written with Bruce Springsteen's former Publicist, Seth Cohen .
In 1968, Schatzberg was divorced in Cd. Juárez, Mexico, They only lived 5 years together, Corinne Schatzberg refused the divorce for 11 years.  They had two children together. At the time of the divorce, Schatzberg was widely known as Faye Dunaway's fiancé. In 1969, Dunaway left Schatzberg for actor Marcello Mastroianni.Jerry Schatzberg married the French American actress Maureen Kerwin in 1983, they divorced in 1998.
- Puzzle of a Downfall Child – 1970
- The Panic in Needle Park – 1971
- Scarecrow – 1973
- Sweet Revenge – 1976
- The Seduction of Joe Tynan – 1979
- Honeysuckle Rose – 1980
- Misunderstood – 1984
- No Small Affair – 1984
- Street Smart – 1987
- Clinton and Nadine – 1988
- Reunion – 1989
- Ben Gurion – 1992 (pilot episode of L'encyclopédie audio-visuelle)
- a short film within the compilation project Lumière et compagnie – 1995
- The Day the Ponies Come Back – 2000
- Alex Kasriel: Interview Jerry Schatzberg with "THE JEWISH CHRONICLE ONLINE", November 27, 2008
- "In pictures: Dylan on show". BBC News. 2006-07-03.
- Cocks, Jay (1971-02-15). "Predictable Embarrassment". TIME.
- Nottle, Diane (1973-07-27). "Scarecrow not impressive". Daily Collegian (Penn State).
- "U.S. Film Shares Cannes Prize". Los Angeles Times. 1973-05-26. p. B9.
The Cannes Film Festival Grand Prix Friday was awarded jointly to the American film "Scarecrow" by Jerry Schatzberg and the British entry "The Hireling" bv Alan Bridges.
- Rich, Frank (1979-08-20). "Split Ticket". TIME.
- Maslin (1979-08-17). "Screen: Alan Alda Writes and Stars in 'Joe Tynan'; Coping With Fame". The New York Times. p. C6.
- Cocks, Jay (1971-08-02). "Straight Shooters". TIME.
- Greenspun, Roger (1971-07-14). "Screen: Schatzberg's 'The Panic in Needle Park'; Drug Addicts Trapped on Upper West Side Kitty Winn and Pacino Are Ill-Fated Lovers". The New York Times.
- Ciment, Michel. "Biography". Jerry Schatzberg's Official Website.
- Michael, David (2004-05-13). "Cannes Opens with a Bang". Film Stew.
- "Unimpeachable Film". The New York Sun. 2007-07-27.
- "Milestones". TIME. 1968-05-17.
Divorced. Jerry Schatzberg, 40, fashion photographer, novice film director and Faye Dunaway's fiancé; by Corinne Schatzberg; on grounds of incompatibility; after 18 years of marriage, two children: in Juárez, Mexico.
- Wilson, Jane (1968-03-10). "Faye's Way". Los Angeles Times. p. N18.
The door of Faye Dunaway's suite at the Hotel George V in Paris opened slowly and cautiously. I was confronted by a dark-haired man wearing a world-weary expression, a black sweater and a droopy Bolivian bandit's moustache. I guessed that this must be Jerry Schatzberg, 40-year-old fashion photographer and Miss Dunaway's true love of two years' standing. He looks about 30, and was once the hero of an article in the late New York Herald Tribune entitled, The Sweet Life of Jerry Schatzberg.
- Official website
- Jerry Schatzberg at the Internet Movie Database
- An interview with Jerry Schatzberg Festival Lumière, October 2011
Lua error in Module:Authority_control at line 346: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).