He was born in Rupaheli, Mewad near Udaypur on 27 January 1888 to Vriddhisinh and Rajkumari. His birth name was Kishansinh Parmar. He lost his parents at early age and after his contact with Muni Devihans, he was interested in Jainism. He was initiated as Sthanakvasi Jain monk in 1903. He was later initiated in Samvegi order of Shvetambara Jain monk and was given new name, Muni Jinvijay. He learned Sanskrit and Prakrit literature under Kantivijay, a Jain ascetic from Patan, Gujarat.
Being bored of conventional life of ascetic, he renounced monkhood and decided to live as a professor. He joined Gujarat Vidyapith as a principal of archeology department for few years. He went to Germany in 1928 to study Indology. He returned to India in 1929. He joined Shantiniketan as a professor of Jain literature and taught there from 1932 to 1936. He headed archeology department of Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan in 1939. He became honorary director of Rajasthan Oriental Research Institute in 1950. He served as a head of history and archeology department of Gujarati Sahitya Parishad. He retired in 1967. He died following lung cancer on 3 June 1976 at Ahmedabad.
- A catalogue of Sanskrit and Prakrit manuscripts in the Rajasthan Oriental Research Institute : Jodhpur collection
- Kumārapāla caritrasaṃgraha
He was awarded Padma Shri, the fourth highest civilian award in India, in 1961 for his contributions in field of literature and education.
- "Muni Jinvijayji". Gujarati Sahitya Parishad (in Gujarati). Retrieved 15 August 2014.
- Mansukhlal Maganlal Jhaveri; Sahitya Akademi (1978). History of Gujarati Literature. Sahitya Akademi. p. 162. Retrieved 5 August 2014.
- Sita Ram Sharma (1992). Gujarati. Anmol Publications. p. 2. ISBN 978-81-7041-545-9. Retrieved 6 August 2014.
- V. K. Chavda (1982). Modern Gujarat. New Order Book Company. p. 92. Retrieved 6 August 2014.
- U. M. Chokshi; M. R. Trivedi (1991). Gujarat State Gazetteer. Director, Government Print., Stationery and Publications, Gujarat State. p. 398.
Lua error in Module:Authority_control at line 346: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).