Open Access Articles- Top Results for Johnny Schulte

Johnny Schulte

For the American writer, director, and producer, see John C. Schulte.
Johnny Schulte
Born: (1896-09-08)September 8, 1896
Fredericktown, Missouri
Died: June 28, 1978(1978-06-28) (aged 81)
St. Louis, Missouri
Batted: Left Threw: Right
MLB debut
April 18, 1923 for the St. Louis Browns
Last MLB appearance
September 20, 1932 for the Boston Braves
Career statistics
Batting average .262
Home runs 14
Runs batted in .436
On-base percentage .388
Slugging percentage .436
Career highlights and awards
  • Member of the 1929 National League pennant-winning Chicago Cubs.
  • John Clement Schulte (September 8, 1896 – June 28, 1978) was an American catcher and coach in professional baseball.

    A native of Fredericktown, Missouri, Schulte appeared on five Major League Baseball teams in his five-year MLB career. Schulte played as a catcher for the St. Louis Browns (

    1. REDIRECT Template:Baseball year and
    2. REDIRECT Template:Baseball year), St. Louis Cardinals (
    3. REDIRECT Template:Baseball year), Philadelphia Phillies (
    4. REDIRECT Template:Baseball year), Chicago Cubs (
    5. REDIRECT Template:Baseball year) and Boston Braves (1932). In Chicago, he played under Joe McCarthy, whom he would later serve as a longtime coach.

    After his maiden coaching assignment with the Cubs in

    1. REDIRECT Template:Baseball year,[1] Schulte joined McCarthy and the New York Yankees beginning in
    2. REDIRECT Template:Baseball year. He coached 15 full seasons (1934–48) in the Bronx,[2] even serving under Bill Dickey, Johnny Neun and Bucky Harris after McCarthy's retirement in May 1946.

    Then, in

    1. REDIRECT Template:Baseball year, he rejoined McCarthy with the Boston Red Sox.[3] When McCarthy retired for the final time on June 23,
    2. REDIRECT Template:Baseball year, Schulte was reassigned to scouting duties by the Red Sox. He coached in minor league baseball for the Yankees' Kansas City Blues Triple-A affiliate before his own retirement.

    He died in St. Louis, Missouri, at the age of 81.


    External links