Justice League: Battle for Metropolis is an Interactive Dark Ride under construction at the Six Flags Over Texas and Six Flags St. Louis amusement parks in the United States. The ride is due to open at both parks in 2015.
In October 2011, the chairman and CEO of Sally Corporation, John Wood, stated they had started developing their biggest project, something which they believe would be "the top of the industry". The project was later announced to be Justice League: Alien Invasion 3D at Warner Bros. Movie World on the Gold Coast, Australia. Following the launch of the ride in September 2012, Sally Corporation expressed interest in transferring the concept to other parks around the world including those in the United States. In the United States, the Justice League brand, along with other DC Comics properties, are licensed by Six Flags.
On August 28, 2014, Six Flags officially announced Justice League: Battle for Metropolis would be added in 2015 to Six Flags Over Texas and Six Flags St. Louis. In Six Flags Over Texas the ride will replace the Adventure Theater, while the Six Flags St. Louis attraction Scooby-Doo! Ghostblasters: The Mystery of the Scary Swamp ride will be replaced. Noticeable differences between Justice League: Alien Invasion 3D and Justice League: Battle for Metropolis include a motion-based ride system by Oceaneering International and the involvement of additional DC Comics villains including Lex Luthor and The Joker.
On September 2, 2014, in an interview with Sally Corporation CEO John Wood, new details about the attraction were released. Six Flags Over Texas will be receiving 10 ride vehicles, while Six Flags St. Louis will receive 7. The ride will feature 2 final chase scenes, as well as 8 Digital 3D Screens inside the ride getting as large as 30 feet wide.
- ^ a b c "Six Flags Introduces Justice League: Battle for Metropolis" (Press release). Six Flags. August 28, 2014. Retrieved August 29, 2014.
- ^ Mayné, François (3 October 2011). "EAS 2011 – Interview with John Wood, Chairman & CEO of Sally Corporation". NewsParcs. Retrieved 5 June 2012.
- ^ "Building thrills comes at a huge cost". Gold Coast Bulletin. 5 June 2012.
- ^ a b "Justice League Stars In Epic 3D Dark Ride Battle" (Press release). Sally Corporation. 25 June 2012. Archived from the original (PDF) on 6 July 2012. Retrieved 16 September 2012.
- ^ Hill, Rich (17 November 2012). IAAPA 2012 Trade Show Coverage. Interview with Robb Alvey. Theme Park Review. Orlando, Florida.
- ^ Niles, Robert (July 10, 2013). "Who really owns the theme park rights to the DC and Marvel comic characters?". Theme Park Insider. Retrieved August 29, 2014.
- ^ MacDonald, Brady (August 28, 2014). "Six Flags unveils new attractions for every park in 2015". Los Angeles Times (Tribune Publishing). Retrieved August 29, 2014.
- ^ "Construction". Six Flags Over Texas. Retrieved August 29, 2014.
- ^ "Construction". Six Flags St. Louis. Retrieved August 29, 2014.
- ^ Mirgoli, Nicholous. "New Details on Justice League: Battle for Metropolis Dark Ride at Six Flags Over Texas and Six Flags St. Louis - Interview with Sally Corporation Chairman/CEO John Wood". www.ThemeParkOverload.net. Retrieved 3 September 2014.