Adverts

Open Access Articles- Top Results for Kalisz Governorate

Kalisz Governorate

File:Coat of Arms of Kalisz gubernia (Russian empire).png
Coat of Arms for Kalisz Governorate (1869)

Kalisz Governorate (Polish: gubernia kaliska, Russian: Калишская губерния) was an administrative unit (a governorate) of the Kingdom of Poland.

History

It was created in 1837 from the Kalisz Voivodeship, and had the same borders and centre (Kalisz) as the voivodeship.

Reform of 1844 merged the governorate into the larger Warsaw Governorate, until the 1867 reform which reversed those changes and recreated the Kalisz Governorate.

Language

  • By the Imperial census of 1897.[1] In bold are languages spoken by more people than the state language.

References and notes

  1. ^ Language Statistics of 1897 Invalid language code.
  2. ^ Languages, number of speakers which in all gubernia were less than 1000

External links

Coordinates: 51°45′50″N 18°05′04″E / 51.763799°N 18.084363°E / 51.763799; 18.084363{{#coordinates:51.763799|18.084363|type:landmark|||||| |primary |name= }}