Keikyū Daishi Line
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2015)|
|Keikyu Daishi Line|
A 1500 series 4-car set on the Keikyu Daishi Line, January 2012
|Line length||Script error: No such module "convert".|
|No. of tracks||2|
|Track gauge||1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in)|
|Electrification||1,500 V DC, overhead catenary|
|Operating speed||Script error: No such module "convert".|
The Keikyu Daishi Line (京急大師線 Keikyū Daishi-sen?) is a Script error: No such module "convert". railway line in Kanagawa Prefecture, Japan, operated by the private railway operator Keikyu. It connects Keikyu Kawasaki Station and Kojimashinden Station, both located in Kawasaki-ku, Kawasaki.
Keikyu Daishi Line services are operated only by 4-car electric multiple unit (EMU) trains, stopping at all stations between Keikyū Kawasaki and Kojimashinden. During the weekday off-peak, trains run at 10-minute intervals, increased to 5-minute intervals during the morning and evening peaks.
|No.||Station name||Japanese||Distance (km)||Transfers||Location|
|KK20||Keikyu Kawasaki||京急川崎||0.0||Keikyū Main Line||Kawasaki-ku, Kawasaki|
The line was opened on 21 January 1899 by the Daishi Electric Railway (大師電気鉄道?), as a standard gauge line electified at 600 V DC, between Kawasaki Station (later renamed Rokugōbashi Station (六郷橋駅?), which closed in 1949) and Daishi Station (later renamed Kawasaki-Daishi Station). The company was renamed Keihin Electric Railway (京浜電気鉄道?) on 25 April 1899. The line was double-tracked over its entire length from 29 November the same year, and extended from Rokugōbashi Station to the present-day Keikyu Kawasaki Station on 1 September 1902.
In 1904, the line was regauged to 1372 mm in conjunction with the regauging of the Keikyu Main Line, and was returned to standard gauge in 1933.
The line was extended to Sakuramoto in 1945, and the overhead line voltage was raised from the original 600 V DC to 1,500 V DC on 16 March 1951 except for the Shiohama - Sakuramoto section, which was transferred to the Kawasaki Streetcar Co. and operated as a tramway.
Former connecting lines
In 1925, the Coast Electric Railway opened a 10 km, dual track 1,372 mm (4 ft 6 in) gauge freight-only line from Daishi Station to Sojiji, electrified at 600 V DC. Loss of traffic as a result of the economic depression resulted in the company merging with the Tsurumi Port Railway in 1930, which then commenced passenger services. The line closed in 1937.
This article incorporates material from the corresponding article in the Japanese Wikipedia.
|40x40px||Wikimedia Commons has media related to Keikyū Daishi Line.|
- Keikyu route information Invalid language code.