Keio Inokashira Line
The Keio Inokashira Line (京王井の頭線 Keiō Inokashira-sen?) is a railway line operated by the Japanese private railway operator Keio Corporation in the western suburbs of Tokyo, connecting Shibuya in Tokyo with Kichijōji in Musashino City. It is not physically connected to the Keio Main Line Network, but a transfer is available at Meidaimae Station. This line is 1,067 mm (3 ft 6 in) gauge, unlike other Keio lines which are 1,372 mm (4 ft 6 in) gauge.
Keio operates two types of trains on the line: all-stations "Local" (各停 Kakutei?) (or Kakueki Teisha (各駅停車?)) services and limited-stop Express (急行 Kyūkō?) services. During the daytime off-peak, two locals and one express operate every 12 minutes on the line.
All stations are in Tokyo.
|IN01||Shibuya||渋谷||0.0||O|| Yamanote Line
Tokyu Toyoko Line (TY01)
Tokyu Denentoshi Line (DT01)
18px Tokyo Metro Ginza Line (G-01)
18px Tokyo Metro Hanzomon Line (Z-01)
18px Tokyo Metro Fukutoshin Line (F-16)
|IN05||Shimo-Kitazawa||下北沢||3.0||O||Odakyu Odawara Line|
|IN08||Meidaimae||明大前||4.9||O||Keio Line (KO06)|
|IN17||Kichijōji||吉祥寺||12.7||O||Chuo Main Line (Chuo Line (Rapid)/Chuo-Sobu Line)||Musashino|
The line opened in 1933, dual track connecting Shibuya in Tokyo to Inokashira-kōen, owned by Teito Electric Railway (帝都電鉄 Teito Dentetsu?), part of the Odakyu Group. The track gauge used was the same 1,067 mm (3 ft 6 in) as for other Odakyu lines, and the overhead power supply was 600 V DC. The line was extended to Kichijōjiin April 1934. In May 1940, the company merged with the Odakyu Electric Railway, and on 1 May 1942, Odakyu merged with Tokyo Yokohama Electric Railway (東京横浜電鉄?) to become a part of Tokyo Kyuko Electric Railway (present-day Tokyu Corporation), with the Teito Line renamed the Inokashira Line.
A line known as the Daita Link Line (代田連絡線 Daita-renraku-sen?) connected Daita-nichōme Station (now Shindaita Station) on the Inokashira Line with Setagaya-Nakahara Station (now Setagaya-Daita Station) on the Odakyū Odawara Line from June 1945, but this was closed in 1952. The track and overhead wire was entirely removed in 1953, although some traces of the trackbed remain today.
From 25 February 1969, following the voltage being increased to 1500 VDC, air-conditioned trains were introduced on the Inokashira Line. From 30 April 1971, the 3000 series trains were lengthened to 5-cars, and from 15 December 1971, limited-stop "Express" services started.
From 22 February 2013, station numbering was introduced on Keio lines. Inokashira Line stations were numbered prefixed with the letters "IN".
Former rolling stock
- Keio 1000ivory.jpg
1000 series EMU, October 2008
3000 series EMU, May 2006
This article incorporates material from the corresponding article in the Japanese Wikipedia
- Keio ridership in 2010 Train Media (sourced from Keio) Retrieved May 28, 2012.
- Terada, Hirokazu (19 January 2013). データブック日本の私鉄 [Databook: Japan's Private Railways]. Japan: Neko Publishing. p. 66-67, 227-229. ISBN 978-4-7770-1336-4.
- 京王線・井の頭線全駅で「駅ナンバリング」を導入します。 [Station numbering to be introduced on Keio Line and Inokashira Line] (PDF). News release (in Japanese). Keio Corporation. 18 January 2013. Retrieved 23 February 2013.
|40x40px||Wikimedia Commons has media related to Keiō Inokashira Line.|