Journals

Conferences

Open Access Articles- Top Results for Khan al-Duwayr

Khan al-Duwayr

Khan al-Duwayr
Arabic خان الدوير
Subdistrict Safad
Coordinates

33°14′22.24″N 35°40′18.90″E / 33.2395111°N 35.6719167°E / 33.2395111; 35.6719167Coordinates: 33°14′22.24″N 35°40′18.90″E / 33.2395111°N 35.6719167°E / 33.2395111; 35.6719167{{#coordinates:33|14|22.24|N|35|40|18.90|E|type:city_region:IL |primary |name=

}}
Palestine grid 213/293
Population 260 (1945)
Date of depopulation Not known[1]

Khan al-Duwayr (Arabic: خان الدوي‎) was a Palestinian Arab village in the Safad Subdistrict. It was depopulated during the 1948 Arab-Israeli War on May 30, 1948 by the Palmach's First Battalion of Operation Yiftach. It was located 35 km northeast of Safad.

In 1945 it had a population of 260. The village had a khirbat named Tall al-Qadi which lay about 1 km to the northwest of the village.

References

  1. ^ Morris, 2004, p xvi, village # 390. Also gives both the date and cause for depopulation as "Not known"

Bibliography

</dl>


Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.