Journals

Conferences

Open Access Articles- Top Results for Khirbat Al-Kasayir

Khirbat Al-Kasayir

Al-Kasayir
Subdistrict Haifa
Coordinates

32°47′36″N 35°08′18.8″E / 32.79333°N 35.138556°E / 32.79333; 35.138556Coordinates: 32°47′36″N 35°08′18.8″E / 32.79333°N 35.138556°E / 32.79333; 35.138556{{#coordinates:32|47|36|N|35|08|18.8|E|type:city_region:IL |primary |name=

}}
Palestine grid 163/244
Date of depopulation mid-April, 1948[1]
Cause(s) of depopulation Military assault by Yishuv forces

Al-Kasayir (Arabic: خربة الكساير‎, Hebrew: ח'ירבת אל-קסאייר) was a Palestinian Arab village in the Haifa Subdistrict, located 13 km east of Haifa. It was depopulated during the 1947–48 Civil War in Mandatory Palestine on April 16, 1948 under the Battle of Mishmar HaEmek.

Many inhabitants were Muslim Arabs who traced their origins to North Africa.

References

  1. ^ Morris, 2004, p. xvii, village #383. Also gives cause of depopulation.

Bibliography

</dl>

External links


Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.