Adverts

Open Access Articles- Top Results for Khirbat Umm Burj

Khirbat Umm Burj

For other uses, see [[Burj (disambiguation)#REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other
This page is a soft redirect.Burj]].
Khirbat Umm Burj
Subdistrict Hebron
Coordinates

31°38′11.80″N 34°58′10.65″E / 31.6366111°N 34.9696250°E / 31.6366111; 34.9696250Coordinates: 31°38′11.80″N 34°58′10.65″E / 31.6366111°N 34.9696250°E / 31.6366111; 34.9696250{{#coordinates:31|38|11.80|N|34|58|10.65|E|type:city_region:IL |primary |name=

}}
Palestine grid 147/115
Population 140 (1945)
Date of depopulation Not known[1]
Current localities Nehusha

Khirbat Umm Burj was a Palestinian Arab village in the Hebron Subdistrict. It was depopulated during the 1948 Arab–Israeli War on October 28, 1948 during the Third stage of Operation Yo'av under the command of Yigal Allon. It was located 31 km northwest of Hebron.

In 1945 it had a population of 140. The villagers used to obtain drinking water from three wells on the northern outskirts of the village.

Alumni

References

  1. Morris, 2004, p. xix village #326. Morris gives both cause and date of depopulation as "Not known".

Bibliography

</dl>

External links

Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.