Claimant to the title of 53rd Da'i al-Mutlaq
of the Dawoodi Bohra community
5 June 1940|
Mumbai, British Raj
|Denomination||Dawoodi Taiyabi Mustaali Ismaili Shia|
Taher Saifuddin |
Mohammed (half-brother) |
|Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim Part of a series on Shīa Islam
|Ismail lion calligram|
Khuzaima Qutbuddin (born 5 June 1940) is a claimant to the title of 53rd Da'i al-Mutlaq of the Dawoodi Bohras, a subgroup within the Mustaali, Ismaili Shia branch of Islam. Qutbuddin was appointed "Da'i Madhun" (mazoon mola) by the Syedna Muhammad Burhanuddin in 1965.
Qutbuddin, a half-brother of Mohammed Burhanuddin and a rival claimant to the title of Dai-al-Mutlaq, claims that his half-brother appointed him heir around 49 years ago while conferring on him the title of "mazoon". Contrary to the claim, Mufaddal Saifuddin son of Late Syedna Burhanuddin claimed that his father had declared "nass" (succession) on him in London on 4 June 2011, and many times before. Burhanuddin did not publicly declare any successor as late as 2011 and there were fights between rival factions among Burhanuddin's several brothers and sons to succeed him as head of the vast empire he controls.
Qutbuddin was born on 5 June 1940 in the Indian state of Mumbai. He is eleventh son of the 51st Da'i al-Mutlaq Syedna Taher Saifuddin and half brother of the 52nd Da'i Mohammed Burhanuddin.
- "A perilous transition". Retrieved 6 April 2014.
- "Who is new Syedna? Trouble brews as half-brother stakes claim | The Indian Express". indianexpress.com. Retrieved 2014-02-01.
- "The Intricacies of Succession: Two Claimants Emerge for Dawoodi Bohra Leadership". Retrieved 6 April 2014.
- "Son's loyalists knock doors at night for support". 2014-01-25. Retrieved 2014-03-12.
- "Succession war breaks out in Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin's family". 2014-01-21. Retrieved 2014-03-23.
- "Syedna Aali Qadr Mufaddal Saifuddin". Retrieved 27 March 2014.
- "The Last Glimpse". Retrieved 27 March 2014.
- http://www.maeeshat.in/2014/02/dawoodi-bohras-endorse-solidarity-for-their-spiritual-leader, www.maeeshat.in, dawoodi-bohras-endorse-solidarity-for-their-spiritual-leader, ".. every Dawoodi Bohra around the world as they have witnessed the 52nd Dai al-Mutlaq RA publicly appoint his second son Syedna Mufaddal Saifudddin TUS as his successor by conferring Nass (investiture) in 2011 in Mumbai and had also explicitly reaffirmed it on many occasions since several years."
- http://www.one.in/dnaindia-mumbai/bohras-make-anti-syedna-faction%E2%80%99s-ex-communication-official-stick-by-mufaddal-saifuddin-1153595.html, dnaindia-mumbai, bohras-make-anti-syedna-faction-ex-communication-official-stick-by-mufaddal-saifuddin, Welcoming the crowd, Qaidjoher(First son of late Syedna) said: “...People have tried to break our unity but we should stand united for each other.” He added, ...Nass was performed on Mufaddal not once but a number of times.”
- "bohra-dissenters-challenge-oppressive-priesthood/". Retrieved 9 December 2014.