|Launched||26 June 1998|
The Box Plus Network|
(Bauer Media Group/Channel Four Television Corporation)
|Picture format||576i (16:9 SDTV)|
|Audience share||0.03% (April 2015BARB),|
|Freeview||Channel 18 (Freeview HD Online Only)|
|Sky (UK only)||Channel 361|
|Astra 2E||12480 V 27500 2/3|
|Virgin Media||Channel 336|
|Smallworld Cable||Channel 365|
|UPC Ireland||Channel 717|
|TalkTalk Plus TV||Channel 438|
|Kiss TV||Watch live|
|Virgin TV Anywhere||Watch live (UK only)|
|UPC Horizon||Watch live (Ireland only)|
Kiss TV is a commercial music television channel from The Box Plus Network, available on the Sky, Virgin Media, Smallworld Cable and TalkTalk Plus TV digital television platforms. The playlist predominantly consists of mainstream hip-hop, trance and R&B.
The original incarnation of Kiss TV was created by Guy Wingate, who, as an original co-creator of London's Kiss 100 (in its pirate days) was brought back in to head up EMAP's fledgling TV division by the more-widely known Kiss chief, Gordon McNamee (Mac). The channel ran for one hour a night on the Mirror Group's L!VE TV cable circuit and after a year moved up to the Granada satellite and cable platform, taking a similar slot in the evening.
Although the original idea for the channel was proposed in 1993 (three years after Kiss FM launched as a legal station), it took many months for Wingate to convince UK television regulators to permit the extension of a brand name over to television. When permission was finally granted, Kiss had once again innovated by becoming the first "Masthead" TV project in the UK.
Within one year, the station was beating MTV in its time slots, and quickly gained a cult status for its low-budget edgy coverage of the UK dance music scene. The channel's presenters included legendary DJs such as BBC Radio 1's Judge Jules. By the time the channel was one year old, it had attracted major sponsorship from blue-chip brands such as Levi's, Sony consumer products and The Guardian newspaper.
The channel is available on many digital television platforms. It is part of a network of channels owned by The Box Plus Network, a joint venue between Bauer and Channel Four Television Corporation, which includes 4Music, Kerrang! TV, Smash Hits, Heat, The Box, and Magic. On 2 April 2013, all Box Television channels went free-to-air on satellite, apart from 4Music which went free-to-view. As a result the channels were removed from the Sky EPG in Ireland. However, Kiss TV launched on Freesat on 15 April 2013, alongside three other Box Television channels.
- Deaf Jams - Music videos with sign language.
- Fresh Kiss Cuts - The newest urban music of the moment.
- Friday Night Garage - Non-stop new and old garage tunes.
- Good Morning Kiss! - New and old urban music videos to start the day.
- Kissalicious - The very best classic and modern urban tracks.
- Kiss Party Flavas - Non-stop urban party music.
- Kisstory: Rewind Thru The Years - Non-stop classic urban music videos.
- Kiss Urban Hitlist - The biggest urban music videos.
- Late Night Jamz - Urban music videos.
- Masterclass - One artists entire music history with facts and album statistics.
- Ultimante RnB and Hip Hop - Big Urban beats throughout the week.
- Weekend Anthems - Massive tunes for the weekend.
Charts and countdown programmes
- 20 Hottest Hip-Hop Joints - Countdown of the 20 best Hip-Hop music videos.
- 20 Hottest Queens of RnB - Countdown of the 20 biggest female artists in Hip-Hop music.
- 20 Kickin' Hip-Hop Debuts - Countdown of the 20 biggest break through videos in Hip-Hop history.
- 21st Century's RnB Best Sellers - The 50 biggest selling RnB tracks from the 21st century.
- A-Z of RnB - An alphabetical countdown of the essential parts of RnB msic videos.
- Class of 2008: The Best So Far - A countdown of the best urban music of 2008.
- Double Trouble: 100 Collaborations - Countdown of the top 100 collaborations in urban music.
- Kiss Hitlist: Top 10 - Countdown of the top 10 urban tracks of the day.
- The Official Kiss Hip-Hop Chart - Countdown of the 20 biggest Hip-Hop music videos of the moment.
- The Official Kiss RnB Chart - Countdown of the 20 biggest RnB music videos of the moment.
- Top 20 Productions - Countdown of the 20 best music videos from different producers.
- Top 20 No. 1 Club Bangers - The best club songs to reach number one in the music charts.
- Top 50 Slamming No.1s - Countdown of the biggest number one urban singles.
- U Can't Touch The 90s - Top 20 countdown of the biggest 90s Hip-Hop and R'n'B music
- This Weeks Kiss RnB 20 - A countdown of the biggest Kiss RnB hits
- UKHot40 Big Beats Chart - All of the RnB,Dance and Hip Hop tunes based on Radio and Airplay#
- From day 1 - Selected artist retrospective
- Big Tunes - The best urban music videos.
- Coolest Urban Beats - A selection of urban music videos.
- Deaf Jamz - A selection of signed music videos.
- Freshest Beats - The newest and best music videos of the moment.
- Kiss Does Summer - Back-to-back urban music videos for the summer.
- Kiss Mix! - Non-stop mix of urban music.
- New2Kiss - Half an hour of only the very latest urban music videos.
- RnB Rewind Night - A mix of classic RnB music videos.
- Sexiest Sunday Jamz - Non-stop slow jams for Sunday morning.
- Slammin' Saturday - Non-stop selection of the best urban music videos.
- The Mixtape - A mix of the newest urban tunes.
- Total Kiss - Non-stop Hip-Hop and R&B music videos.
- The Official RnB Chart - The RnB chart by single sales and downloads.
- Signed by KISS - Signed music videos.
- "Bauer's Box channels appear free-to-air on satellite". a516digital. 2 April 2013.
- "Freesat turn up the volume with 4 new music channels". Join Freesat. 15 April 2013.