|This article does not cite any references or sources. (November 2010)|
In the early days of spotlights, the name "Klieg light" became synonymous with any ellipsoidal reflector spotlight, another carbon-arc source or any bright source. Initially developed for film, the Klieg light was adapted to an incandescent stage fixture in 1911.
Although not completely certain, the title of the first ellipsoidal reflector spotlight (ERS), often goes to the 1933 Klieglight, which was first used to light an outdoor pageant in New York. Century Lighting introduced their Lekolite developed by Levy & Kook, hence the "Leko", in the same year.
Kliegl Brothers Universal Electric Stage Lighting Company was founded in 1896 and grew to be the largest stage lighting company in the world. The company closed in the 1990s.
- Actinic conjunctivitis – inflammation of the eye condition that may be caused by overexposure to these lights
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.