L. B. Abbott
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (October 2007)|
|L. B. Abbott, A.S.C.|
Lenwood Ballard Abbott|
June 13, 1908
September 28, 1985 (aged 77)|
Los Angeles, California
He became the head of the Special Effects Department at 20th Century Fox in 1957, a post he held until retirement in 1970. He was called out of retirement, however, to work on the TV series M*A*S*H in 1972 (Abbott had worked on the film on which the series was based). Abbott was a member of the American Society of Cinematographers.
Awards and nominations
He was four times a winner or co-winner of an Academy Special Achievement Award for visual effects for "Doctor Dolittle" in 1968, "Tora! Tora! Tora!" in 1971, The Poseidon Adventure in 1972 and Logan's Run in 1976.
- The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951)
- The Enemy Below (1957)
- Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea (1961 film)
- Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea TV series (1964-1970)
- Lost in Space (TV Series 1965-1968)
- The Sound of Music (1965)
- The Time Tunnel TV series (1966-1967)
- Fantastic Voyage (1966)
- Planet of the Apes (1968)
- Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (1969)
- Patton (1970)
- M*A*S*H (1972)
- The Poseidon Adventure
- Logan's Run (1976)
Lua error in Module:Authority_control at line 346: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.