Lamar Jefferson Trotti|
October 18, 1900
Atlanta, Georgia, US
August 28, 1952 (aged 51)|
Oceanside, California, US
Lamar Jefferson Trotti (October 18, 1900 – August 28, 1952) was an American screenwriter, producer, and motion picture executive.
Early life and education
Trotti was born in Atlanta, Georgia, US. He became the first graduate of the Henry W. Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communication at the University of Georgia (UGA) in Athens, Georgia, when he received a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism (ABJ) in 1921. While at UGA, he was the editor of the independent student newspaper The Red and Black.
In the silent film era, he was a reporter for the daily Atlanta Georgian, where he interviewed many show business people, such as Viola Dana. Later, Trotti became an executive at Fox Film Corporation in 1933 and after its 1935 merger with Twentieth Century Pictures to become 20th Century Fox, he remained with the company until his death. He wrote about fifty films for the studio, producing many of them. He only wrote one screenplay for another studio, You Can't Buy Everything (1934) for MGM.
He won an Academy Award for Writing Original Screenplay in 1944 for Wilson and was nominated for Young Mr. Lincoln (1939) and There's No Business Like Show Business (1952). He received the Laurel Award for Screenwriting Achievement, the lifetime achievement award of the WGA, in 1983.
- The Man Who Dared (1933)
- Judge Priest (1934)
- Steamboat Round the Bend (1935)
- Can This Be Dixie? (1937)
- In Old Chicago (1937)
- Alexander's Ragtime Band (1938)
- The Baroness and the Butler (1938)
- Drums Along the Mohawk (1939)
- Young Mr. Lincoln (1939)
- The Ox-Bow Incident (1943)
- Wilson (1944)
- The Razor's Edge (1946)
- Colonel Effingham's Raid (1946)
- Mother Wore Tights (1947)
- Captain from Castile (1947)
- When My Baby Smiles at Me (1948)
- Cheaper by the Dozen (1950)
- My Blue Heaven (1950)
- With a Song in My Heart (1952)
- Stars and Stripes Forever (1952)
- There's No Business Like Show Business (1954)
Lua error in Module:Authority_control at line 346: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.