Leïla (2001 film)
|Directed by||Gabriel Axel|
|Produced by||Ulrik Bolt Jørgensen|
|Narrated by||Michel Bouquet|
|Music by||Younès Mégri|
|Edited by||Grete Møldrup|
|Distributed by||Angel Films|
A young Danish guy, Nils, is visiting Morocco, where he meets the 16-year-old Berber girl Leïla. It marks the beginning of a great, all-encompassing passion. Leïla must defy her family to be with Nils, and their love has big consequences.
- Mélanie Doutey as Leïla
- Arnaud Binard as Nils
- Malika El-Omari as Moona
- Azeddine Bouayad as Brahim
- Michel Bouquet - narrator
- Mitch Bateman as party goer
- Christian E. Christiansen as Nils' friend no. 2
- Mads Knarreborg as Nils' friend no. 1 (uncredited)
The film was met with very negative reviews and was a box office bomb. Swedish film critic Gunnar Rehlin in Variety wrote "Pic feels tepid and devoid of emotional involvement. Due to the use of v.o., the two leads never get a real chance to convey their characters' emotions."
- Le Bulletin célinien (in French). M. Laudelout. 2006. p. 8.
- Historical Dictionary of Scandinavian Cinema. Scarecrow Press. 31 August 2012. pp. 66–. ISBN 978-0-8108-5524-3.
- "Konsulenter vil ikke have pop-film".
- "Danmarks frste Oscar-vinder fylder 95".
- "Leïla - CinemaZone.dk - et filmmagasin i bredformat".
- Morten Piil (2008). Gyldendals danske filmguide (in Danish). Gyldendal A/S. pp. 320–. ISBN 978-87-02-06669-2.
- "Leila". Variety.
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.