Adverts

Open Access Articles- Top Results for Le Parcq

Le Parcq

<tr class="mergedbottomrow"><td colspan="2" style="text-align:center">

Coordinates: 50°22′48″N 2°06′04″E / 50.38°N 2.1011°E / 50.38; 2.1011Coordinates: 50°22′48″N 2°06′04″E / 50.38°N 2.1011°E / 50.38; 2.1011{{#coordinates:50.38|2.1011|type:city(752)_region:FR|||||| |primary |name= }}</td></tr><tr class="mergedtoprow"><th scope="row" style="text-align:left">Country</th><td> France</td></tr><tr class="mergedrow"><th scope="row" style="text-align:left">Region</th><td> Nord-Pas-de-Calais</td></tr><tr class="mergedrow"><th scope="row" style="text-align:left">Department</th><td> Pas-de-Calais</td></tr><tr class="mergedrow"><th scope="row" style="text-align:left">Arrondissement</th><td> Montreuil</td></tr><tr class="mergedrow"><th scope="row" style="text-align:left">Canton</th><td> Le Parcq</td></tr><tr class="mergedrow"><th scope="row" style="text-align:left">Intercommunality</th><td> Communauté de communes de l'Hesdinois</td></tr><tr class="mergedtoprow"><th colspan="2" style="text-align:center;text-align:left">Government</th></tr><tr class="mergedrow"><th scope="row" style="text-align:left"> • Mayor (2001–2008) </th><td> Louis Magère</td></tr><tr class="mergedtoprow"><th scope="row" style="text-align:left">Area1</th><td> 9.27 km2 (3.58 sq mi)</td></tr><tr class="mergedtoprow"><th scope="row" style="text-align:left">Population (2006)2</th><td> 752</td></tr><tr class="mergedrow"><th scope="row" style="text-align:left"> • Density</th><td> 81/km2 (210/sq mi)</td></tr><tr class="mergedtoprow"><th scope="row" style="text-align:left">INSEE/Postal code</th><td class="adr"> 62647 / 62770</td></tr><tr class="mergedtoprow"><th scope="row" style="text-align:left">Elevation</th><td> Script error: No such module "convert".
(avg. Script error: No such module "convert".)</td></tr><tr><td colspan="2" style="text-align:center;text-align:left; font-size:smaller"> 1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km² (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries. 2 Population without double counting: residents of multiple communes (e.g., students and military personnel) only counted once.</td></tr></table>

Le Parcq is a commune in the Pas-de-Calais department in the Nord-Pas-de-Calais region of France.

Geography

Le Parcq lies about 18 miles (29 km) southeast of Montreuil-sur-Mer, on the N39 road, in the valley of the Ternoise river.

Administration

Since 1 January 2007, the canton of Le Parcq has been part of the arrondissement of Montreuil-sur-Mer (Order of 18 October 2006. Previously, Le Parcq was in the arrondissement of Arras.

Population

Le Parcq
</small>
Historical population of Le Parcq
Year1962196819751982199019992006
Population603604586570633702752
From the year 1962 on: No double counting—residents of multiple communes (e.g. students and military personnel) are counted only once.

History

The establishment of Le Parcq dates from the founding of a castle (on the current site of Vieil-Hesdin) by Baldwin I of Constantinople or Baudouin IX, Count of Flanders in about 1208. It was a wooden enclosure surrounded by walls within which wild animals were placed in large numbers.

In 1329, portcullises were installed at all the gates of the castle. Unfortunately, in 1335, Edward III destroyed the castle just before the start of the Hundred Years War. This destruction was continued in 1337 by Charles III of Navarre who brought down the walls. In 1395, Philip II of Burgundy restored the castle walls.

Several people were employed daily to feed the animals in the park which also had a vast falconry centre and two fishing lakes. The park totalled 940 hectares with a perimeter of approximately 8 miles (13 km), opening onto the outside world by many gates.

After the destruction of Vieil-Hesdin in) 1553 by Charles V, the park was, at the initiative of Philippe V of France, made the parkland available to those displaced by the fall of the old town, who wished to build new homes on the parkland. To attract more people, tax benefits were given, on February 25, 1586 to all those moving into the area.

Thus, the park became a village, originally known as Parc-lès-Hesdin. The municipality was formally recognized in 1670 and on February 8, 1816, Le Parcq also became chef-lieu of the canton by royal decree.

Places of interest

  • The Château d'Estruval
  • The sixteenth century church of St.Nicholas.
  • Notre Dame de Bon Secours chapel dating from 1871
  • Notre Dame du Chêne chapel.
  • Château of Vieil-Hesdin dating from the eleventh century.

See also

References

External links

Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.