Adverts

Open Access Articles- Top Results for Leon Springs, Texas

Leon Springs, Texas

Leon Springs is an unincorporated community in Bexar County, Texas, now partially within the city limits of San Antonio.

The region was settled in the mid-nineteenth century by German immigrants, most notably John O. Meusebach, George von Plehve, and Max Aue. The Aue Stagecoach Inn became the first stop on the Stagecoach route between San Antonio and San Diego. The community came to some prominence as the location of an officer training school at Camp Bullis. The original Romano's Macaroni Grill was founded in Leon Springs, however, the company closed down this branch after the second of two devastating floods in the late 1990s. It is also the site for the first Rudy's Country Store and Bar-B-Q. The restaurant chain was created by a descendant of town founder Max Aue, Rudolph Aue. The community currently has two Public Elementary Schools, Leon Springs Elementary and Aue Elementary, as well as Baptist, Roman Catholic, Presbyterian, and non-denominational churches.

Railroad

The San Antonio and Aransas Pass Railway reached Leon Springs, in 1887 the stop was originally called Aue Station.[1]

Notes

References

Coordinates: 29°39′57″N 98°37′45″W / 29.6658°N 98.6292°W / 29.6658; -98.6292{{#coordinates:29.6658|N|98.6292|W|type:city_region:US|||| |primary |name= }}


Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.