LesserEvil Healthy Brands Inc. is a food company located in Fairfield County, Connecticut. Its offices and factory are located in Danbury CT. It is a local employer of 40 to 50 factory and office workers. All of its products are marketed as made from the best or better ingredients. They are all gluten free and non genetically modified and many of them are organic. The company has four snack lines: Super 4, Buddha Bowl, Chia Pop and Chia Crisps. They are available thru national distribution by UNFI, Kehe, Natures Best, and DPI and are carried by some of the nations largest retailers.
In 2007, LesserEvil became one of the top-selling popcorn lines in the Natural Retail Channel, and is the top selling organic popcorn line in the country in 2014.
LesserEvil was founded in March 2004 in Tuckahoe, New York. LesserEvil first released a line of four Kettle Corns, touting them as low in carbohydrates, free of trans fats, preservatives, and high-fructose corn syrup.
In early 2005, LesserEvil shifted from a low-carb line to an all-natural line.
In early 2007, LesserEvil entered the potato snack market and launched Krinkle Sticks, a line of baked, reduced-fat potato snacks.
In 2014, according to spins, LesserEvil is one of the top selling snack lines in the natural category in the country. Also, Dr. Oz featured LesserEvil’s Chia Crisps as the “Ultimate Snack” in late 2012. In earlier 2012, LesserEvil won the Gluten Free Snack of the Year by the Connecticut Specialty Foods Association. LesserEvil Healthy Brand Snacks have also been featured by Rachel Ray, Hungry Girl, Shape Magazine, and Inc. magazine among others. CSP also chose LesserEvil’s Classic SeaSalt Krinkle Sticks as a finalist for their Retailers’ Choice Best New Products in the ‘Salty Snacks’ category.
- "LesserEvil finds good with TNT Marketing". National Petroleum News. April 2007.
- Professional Candy Buyer. November–December, 2004.
- Becky Ebenkamp, Snack Brand Offers A Lesser Touch Of Evil, BRANDWEEK, December 3, 2007.
- "Dr. Oz Show". November 2012. Retrieved 2012-11-01.
- "Rachel Ray Show". 2007-10-05. Retrieved 2008-07-15.
- "TOP ATE Food Finds of 2007". 2007-12-31. Retrieved 2008-07-15.
|last1=in Authors list (help)
- Pressner, Amanda (July 2008). "Shape's 2nd Annual Best Snack Awards". Shape Magazine 27 (11): 166.
- "Inc. Magazine". September 2009. Retrieved 2009-08-20.
- "2007 Retailers' Choice Best New Products". Retrieved 2008-07-15.