Let the People Sing (film)
Let the People Sing is a 1942 British comedy film directed by John Baxter and starring Alastair Sim, Fred Emney and Edward Rigby. A small town bands together to try to save their music hall from closure. It was based on the novel Let the People Sing by J. B. Priestley.
- Alastair Sim - Professor Ernst Kronak
- Fred Emney - Sir George Denberry-Baxter
- Edward Rigby - Timmy Tiverton
- Oliver Wakefield - Sir Reginald Foxfield
- Patricia Roc - Hope Ollerton
- Annie Esmond - Lady Foxfield
- Marian Spencer - Lady Shepshod
- Olive Sloane - Daisy Barley
- Maire O'Neill - Mrs. Mitterley
- Gus McNaughton -Ketley
- Charles Hawtrey - Young Orton
- Peter Gawthorne - Major Shiptonthorpe
- Aubrey Mallalieu - Commander Spofforth
- G.H. Mulcaster - Inspector
- Wally Patch - Sam
- Horace Kenney - Walter Shepton
- Morris Harvey - Jim Flagg
- Ida Barr - Katie
- Spencer Trevor Colonel Hazelhead
- Murphy, Robert. Realism and Tinsel: Cinema and Society in Britain 1939-48. Routledge, 1992.
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found. Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.