Open Access Articles- Top Results for Libn%C3%AD%C4%8D


Municipality office building
Municipality office building
Template:Infobox settlement/columns

Coordinates: 49°1′12″N 14°32′37″E / 49.02000°N 14.54361°E / 49.02000; 14.54361Coordinates: 49°1′12″N 14°32′37″E / 49.02000°N 14.54361°E / 49.02000; 14.54361{{#coordinates:49|1|12|N|14|32|37|E|type:city(399)_region:CZ |primary |name=

Country 23x15px Czech Republic
Region South Bohemian
District České Budějovice
 • Total 6.85 km2 (2.64 sq mi)
Elevation 468 m (1,535 ft)
Population (2005)
 • Total 399
 • Density 58/km2 (150/sq mi)
Postal code 373 71

Libníč is a village and municipality (obec) in České Budějovice District in the South Bohemian Region of the Czech Republic. The municipality covers an area of Script error: No such module "convert"., and has a population of 399 (as of 2007). Libníč lies approximately Script error: No such module "convert". north-east of České Budějovice and Script error: No such module "convert". south of Prague.

History and present

File:Libníč - bývalé lázně.jpg
Former spa buildings with the church tower at the back

The very first known written reference to the village (in villa Lybnycze) comes from 1394. Silver was mined in several local adits between 1571 and 1801, but after the mining peak at the end of the 16th century it slowly declined. A spa was built and run here since the 17th century thanks to the local resource of water containing sulphur and iron, and continued for 200 years until the spring died out. The village became independent in 1850, which it has been since with the exception of 1943 - 1945 and 1976–1990, when it belonged under Hůry and Rudolfov respectively.

It is possible to get to the village by car after turning off the four-lane E49 road, and there is also bus service. A cycle route leading from Hluboká nad Vltavou to Lišov runs through the Libníč, there is a volunteer fire department and a sport club SK Libníč. Libníč organizes a village fair, Libníčské slavnosti, on the village green on the last August Sunday.

A solar power station was opened in the north of the village in 2010.

Places of interest

  • Holy Trinity rectory church the heart of which is an octagonal Baroque chapel from 1714 - 1715 designed by Pavel Ignác Bayer, was extended with a presbytery and a tower in the latter half of the 18th century. The rectory, established in 1855, includes also Červený Újezdec, Hůry, Jelmo and Úsilné.
  • Building of the former spa from 1714 1720, work of the same architect, these days used as a retirement home
  • Several villas from the latter 19th century, for example JUDr. August Zátka's villa with a park
  • Natural monument Libnič, a small area (0.08 ha) where Cypripedium calceolus can still be found, is located about one kilometer east of Libníč
  • Wayside shrine in the south of the village
  • Saint John Nepomuk statue
  • Cross in the village green under the tileas, two wayside crosses - one dated 1856 east of the village and the other at the road leading towards the village of Jelmo
  • Houses with features of the selské baroko style, e.g. houses Nos 42 and 44
  • Walking trail Mojský les (Mojský Wood) in the north-east leading towards the village of Borek

Municipality parts

  • Libníč
  • Jelmo