List of University of Surrey academics
A list of University of Surrey academics, includes those who work or have worked at the University of Surrey, including a brief description of their notability.
Science and engineering
- Alf Adams – physicist who pioneered the strained quantum-well laser
- Jim Al-Khalili – Nuclear physicist, author and broadcaster
- Lewis Elton – Physicist and researcher into higher education
- Sir Martin Sweeting – Founder of Surrey Satellite Technology Ltd
- Allan Wells – Olympic 100m Gold Medalist and engineering lecturer
- Henryk Zygalski – Mathematician, cryptologist and breaker of the Enigma Machine
- Sara Arber – Sociologist
- David Blanchflower – Economist and member of the Monetary Policy Committee
- Dame Glynis Breakwell – Psychologist
- Marie Breen Smyth – International relations scholar
- Niall Bailey - International Musician and Musical Director
- Nigel Gilbert – Sociologist pioneer in the use of agent-based models in the social sciences
- Tim Jackson – Ecological economist and professor of sustainable development, author of Prosperity Without Growth
- "The Independent: A celebration of science in the UK: 10 Britons who shaped our world". London: The Independent. 2006-07-05. Retrieved 2008-08-07.
- "Senior Media Fellow – Jim Al-Khalili". EPSRC. Retrieved 2008-08-08.[dead link]
- "Professor Lewis Elton". University College London. Retrieved 2008-08-08.
- "Q&A with Surrey athletes. Allan Wells MBE". Go Surrey. Retrieved 2011-08-31.
- "Vice-Chancellor's Office – About Professor Glynis Breakwell". Bath: University of Bath. 2012-01-16. Retrieved 2012-01-16.
- Debrett's. "Authorized Biography of Prof Nigel Gilbert, FREng". Retrieved 2 December 2009.
- Tim Jackson at the Centre of Environmental Strategy | last visited: 19 Februar 2013