List of countries by population growth rate
This article includes three lists of countries and self-governing dependent territories by population growth rate.
The first list is based on the estimates taken from the 2006 edition of the United Nations World Population Prospects report. Figures are population growth rate estimates for the period 2005–2010 using the medium variant.
The third list is based on World Bank estimates for year 2009. Population is based on the de facto definition of population, which counts all residents regardless of legal status or citizenship—except for refugees not permanently settled in the country of asylum, who are generally considered part of the population of the country of origin.
- World population
- Human overpopulation
- Overshoot (population)
- List of population concern organizations
- United Nations World Population Prospects: 2006 revision – Table A.8
- "The World Factbook". Retrieved 4 October 2014.
- "World Bank Population growth (annual %)". Retrieved 4 October 2014.
- Includes Mayotte
- Including dependencies
- Recent official estimates show a growth rate of 1.00 per Statistics New Zealand
- Metropolitan France only
- Mainland only. Excludes SARs
- Growth rate for 2004–2005. From Taiwan National Statistics Office
- Consists of Jersey and Guernsey