This is a list of countries by the average number of years of school attended by women between 25 and 34 years old, including primary, secondary and tertiary education published by the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation in 2010.
The list is incomplete and only includes countries with average years in school of 12 years or greater.
- Bathsua Makin (1673), An Essay to Revive the Ancient Education of Gentlewomen, in Religion, Manners, Arts & Tongues
- Anna Julia Cooper (1892), The Higher Education of Women
- Alice Zimmern (1898), Renaissance of Girls' Education in England
- Thomas Woody (1929), A History of Women's Education in the United States, 2 vols.
- Barry Turner (1974), Equality for some: The story of girls' education