List of eggplant dishes
This is a list of eggplant dishes. This list includes dishes in which the main ingredient or one of the essential ingredients is eggplant.
Eggplant (referred to in British English as aubergine) is used in the cuisine of many countries. It is often stewed, as in the French ratatouille, or deep fried as in the Italian parmigiana di melanzane, the Turkish karnıyarık or Turkish and Greek musakka/moussaka, and Middle-Eastern and South Asian dishes. Eggplants can also be battered before deep-frying and served with a sauce made of tahini and tamarind. In Iranian cuisine, it is blended with whey as kashk e-bademjan, tomatoes as mirza ghasemi or made into stew as khoresh-e-bademjan. It can be sliced and deep-fried, then served with plain yogurt, (optionally) topped with a tomato and garlic sauce, such as in the Turkish dish patlıcan kızartması (meaning: fried aubergines) or without yogurt as in patlıcan şakşuka. Perhaps the best-known Turkish eggplant dishes are İmam bayıldı (vegetarian) and Karnıyarık (with minced meat).
- Ajapsandali 
- Alinazik kebab
- Baba ghanoush 
- Baghara baingan
- Baingan bharta
- Confit byaldi
- Dahi baigana
- Di san xian
- Eggplant jam
- Eggplant Papucaki
- Eggplant parmesan 
- Eggplant salads and appetizers – includes many dishes from various cultures
- Fried aubergine
- İmam bayıldı 
- Israeli eggplant salad
- Kashk e badamjan
- Kyopolou 
- Marga Betinjan
- Pasta alla Norma 
- Stuffed eggplant
- Tepsi Baytinijan
- Azerbaijani Badımcan dolması 1.JPG
|40x40px||Wikibooks Cookbook has a recipe/module on
- Burford T. 2008, Georgia, Bradt Travel Guide, p. 69.
- Encyclopedia of Jewish Food - Gil Marks
- Foods & Nutrition Encyclopedia, Two Volume Set - Marion Eugene Ensminger, Audrey H. Ensminger. p. 647.
- The Armenian Table Cookbook: 165 treasured recipes that bring together ... - Victoria Jenanyan Wise. p. 56.
- Bulgaria: The Bradt Travel Guide - Annie Kay. p. 53.
- "Pasta alla Norma of grand origins." Milwaukee-Wisconsin Journal Sentinel. Accessed June 2011.