Open Access Articles- Top Results for Liver abscess
Journal of Veterinary Science & TechnologyLiver Abscess in Dromedary Camels (Camelusdromedaries): Oxidative Stress Biomarkers and Proinflammatory Cytokines
Journal of Clinical Case ReportsForeign Body-Induced Liver Abscess: Is Surgery Indispensable?
File:Leberabszess - CT axial PV.jpg|
Liver abscess on axial CT image: a hypodense lesion in the liver with peripherally enhancement.
|Classification and external resources|
|Patient UK||Liver abscess|
There are three major forms of liver abscess, classified by etiology:
- Pyogenic liver abscess, which is most often polymicrobial, accounts for 80% of hepatic abscess cases in the United States.
- Amoebic liver abscess due to Entamoeba histolytica accounts for 10% of cases.
- Fungal abscess, most often due to Candida species, accounts for less than 10% of cases.
Major bacterial causes of liver abscess include the following:
- Streptococcus species (including Enterococcus)
- Escherichia species
- Staphylococcus species
- Klebsiella species (Higher rates in the Far East)
- Anaerobes (including Bacteroides species)
- Pseudomonas species
- Proteus species
However, as noted above, many cases are polymicrobial.
- Liver Abscess CT Images CTCases Liver Abscess CT Scan.
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.