|Role||National origin|| Manufacturer
|| First flight
The Loening XFL was a proposed carrier based fighter aircraft to be built by Loening Aeronautical Engineering for the US Navy. It won a 1933 competition, but Loening was already busy building other aircraft, so the contract was canceled.
Specifications (as designed)
Data from Angelucci, 1987. pp. 292-293.General characteristics
- Crew: 1
- Length: 20 ft 9 in (6.32 m)
- Wingspan: 28 ft 0 in (8.53 m)
- Empty weight: 4,250 lb (1,928 kg)
- Powerplant: 1 × Wright XR-1510-26, 625 hp ( kW) each
- Maximum speed: 200 mph (322 km/h)
- Angelucci, 1987. pp. 292-293.
- Angelucci, Enzo (1987). The American Fighter from 1917 to the present. New York: Orion Books.
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.