Template:Infobox Italian comune Loreto is a hilltown and comune of the Italian province of Ancona, in the Marche. It is most commonly known as the seat of the Basilica della Santa Casa, a popular Catholic pilgrimage site.
Loreto is located Script error: No such module "convert". above sea-level on the right bank of the Musone river. It is Script error: No such module "convert". by rail south-southeast of Ancona. Like many places in the Marche, it provides good views from the Apennines to the Adriatic.
Loreto's main monuments occupy the four sides of the piazza: the college of the Jesuits, the Palazzo Comunale (formerly the Palazzo Apostolico), designed by Bramante, with an art gallery with works of Lorenzo Lotto, Vouet and Annibale Carracci as well as a collection of maiolica, and the Shrine of the Holy House (Santuario della Santa Casa).
The city has also a massive line of walls designed by Antonio da Sangallo the Younger, which were erected from 1518 and reinforced in the 17th century.
- 062 3A.JPG
The Basilica della Santa Casa from behind
- Ancona loreto.jpg
The Basilica della Santa Casa
Twin towns - sister cities
- 23x15px Mariazell, Austria
- 23x15px Fátima, Portugal
- 23x15px Altötting, Germany
- 23x15px Częstochowa, Poland
- 23x15px Lourdes, France
- Template:Country data ISR Nazareth, Israel
- 23x15px Harissa, Lebanon
- Shrine of the Holy House
- Shrines to the Virgin Mary
- Territorial prelature of Loreto
- Sisters of Loreto
- 12px This article incorporates text from a publication now in the public domain: Chisholm, Hugh, ed. (1911). Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed.). Cambridge University Press.
- "Association of Towns awarded The Europe Prize". www.czestochowa.um.gov.pl. Retrieved 2009-10-10.
- "Fraternitas 33 - eng.". www.ofm.org. Retrieved 2009-10-10.
- "Nazareth and Loreto - Twin Shrines". www.loretonh.nsw.edu.au. Retrieved 2009-10-10.
- "Comune di Loreto - Loreto - Daroun Harissa - Accordo di gemellaggio". Comune.loreto.an.it. Retrieved 2013-03-26.
|40x40px||Wikimedia Commons has media related to Loreto.|
Lua error in Module:Authority_control at line 346: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.