Lucky Leif and the Longships
|The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for music. (January 2015)|
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2015)|
|Lucky Leif and the Longships|
|Studio album by Robert Calvert|
|Robert Calvert chronology|
This page is a soft redirect.}
| scope="col" colspan="2" style="font-size:120%;" #REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other|
This page is a soft redirect. Professional ratings
| scope="col" colspan="2" style="background:#d1dbdf; font-size:120%;" #REDIRECTmw:Help:Magic words#Other|
This page is a soft redirect. Review scores
It is a concept album dealing with how American culture might have been different had the Vikings managed to colonise the continent. The album is a tour through various styles of American music ("The Lay Of The Surfers" is a Beach Boys parody), filled with references to modern American culture and ancient Norse myths and legends.
The album has been re-released in the late 1990s by BGO Records and is currently available on Eclectic Records (ECLCD1057) with bonus tracks.
All songs by Robert Calvert.
- "Ship of Fools"
- "The Lay of the Surfers"
- "Voyaging to Vinland"
- "The Making of Midgard"
- "Brave New World"
- "Magical Potion"
- "Moonshine in the Mountains"
- "Storm Chant of the Skraelings"
- "Volstead O Vodeo Do"
- "Phase Locked Loop"
- "Ragna Rock"
- "Cricket Lovely Reggae (Cricket Star)"
- Robert Calvert - vocals, trumpet, harmonica
- Andy Roberts - organ, guitars & backing vocals
- Paul Rudolph - guitars, bass guitar & backing vocals
- Michael Moorcock - banjo
- Simon House - violin
- Nik Turner - saxophone
- Sal Maida - bass guitar
- Brian Turrington - bass guitar & piano
- Mike Nicholls - drums
Audio CD Remasterer: Paschal Byrne
- Thompson, Dave. [[[:Template:Allmusic]] "Lucky Leif and the Longships"]. Allmusic. Retrieved August 17, 2013.
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.