Avilán with the Atlanta Braves
Atlanta Braves – No. 43
Born: July 19, 1989|
|July 14, 2012 for the Atlanta Braves|
(through May 6, 2015)
|Earned run average||2.63|
Avilán signed with the Atlanta Braves as an international free agent in 2008. The Braves added him to the 40 man roster after the 2011 season to protect him from the Rule 5 draft.
On July 5, Avilán was called up by the Braves to replace the injured Jonny Venters. He made his first appearance on July 14 against the New York Mets, striking out the only batter he faced. His first career win came on October 3 against the Pittsburgh Pirates on closing day. Avilán made 75 appearances in 2013, posting a 1.52 earned run average with a .144 batting average against and .219 on base percentage. However, he struggled through the first half of the 2014 season, recording a 4.85 ERA in 47 games. Avilán was demoted to Triple A Gwinnett on July 19, and replaced by Chasen Shreve.
- Associated Press (2012-07-05). "Braves put LHP Venters on DL". foxsports.com. Retrieved 2012-07-05.
- Cooper, Jon (July 14, 2012). "Braves benefiting from Prado's versatility". MLB.com. Retrieved July 20, 2014.
- Morgan, Joe (July 19, 2014). "Braves option Avilan and promote fellow lefty Shreve". MLB.com. Retrieved July 20, 2014.
- "Braves option LHP Avilan to minors". ESPN.com. Associated Press. July 19, 2014. Retrieved July 20, 2014.
- Career statistics and player information from MLB, or ESPN, or Baseball-Reference, or Fangraphs, or The Baseball Cube, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.