Maharashtra University of Health Sciences
|This article's introduction may be too long for the overall article length. (December 2011)|
|Maharashtra University of Health Sciens|
|Established||3 June 1998|
|Chancellor||C. Vidyasagar Rao|
|Vice-Chancellor||Dr. Arun Jamkar|
|Registrar||Dr. K. D. Garkal|
|Location||Nashik, Maharashtra, India|
Maharashtra University of Health Sciences (MUHS) is located in Nashik District, Maharashtra, India. The university was established on 3 June 1998 by the state Government of Maharashtra through an ordinance.
The State Legislature passed Maharashtra University of Health Sciences Act 1999 (Act No X) and received the assent of the Governor, in the Maharashtra Government Gazette on 21 January 1999. The University was declared open by the Governor of Maharashtra on June 10, 1998 and all colleges and institutions imparting education in health science in the state of Maharashtra have been affiliated to this new university under Section 6(3) of the Act.
The University has been established for the purpose of ensuring proper and systematic instruction, teaching, training and research in modern medicine and Indian Systems of Medicine in the State of Maharashtra. Within 3yrs of formation a committee was formed in year 2000 by the Government Of Maharashtra to review the progress of the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences and to recommend measures for modifying its functions and responsibilities in the light of the new challenges faced by the university.
MUHS offers undergraduate and postgraduate studies including Ph.D. in all the branches of Health sciences. Undergraduate programmes of five and a half years, such as, Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS), Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery (BHMS) and Bachelor of Unani Medicine & Surgery (BUMS)are conducted by MUHS. Various dental and nursing degrees are also offered.
Postgraduate courses awarded are also versatile including Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) in various areas, Master of Surgery (M.S.), as well as various Master of Science (M.Sc.) courses and other PG diplomas. First Year BHMS result of Winter2013 will be declared on 29March2014(Tentative date).
Affiliated medical colleges
- Grant Medical College, Mumbai
- Seth Gordhandas Sunderdas Medical College, Mumbai
- Topiwala National Medical College, Mumbai
- Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College, Sion, Mumbai
- K J Somaiya medical college, Chunabhatti, Sion, Mumbai
- Terna Medical College, Navi Mumbai.
- Rajiv Gandhi Medical College, Kalwa, Thane
- Armed Forces Medical College, Pune
- B J Medical College, Pune
- MIMER Medical College, Talegaon Dabhade
- Govt. Medical College, Miraj, Sangli
- Dr. V. M. Govt. Medical College, Solapur
- RCSM Govt. Medical College, Kolhapur
- Smt. Kashibai Navale Medical College, Pune
- NDMVP’s Medical College, Nashik
- S B H Govt. Medical College, Dhule
- A.C.P.M. Medical College, Dhule
- PDVVP’s Medical College, A’nagar
- Government Medical College, Aurangabad
- Government Medical College, Nanded
- Swami Ramanand Teerth Rural Medical College, Ambejogai, Beed
- M I M S R Medical College, Latur
- Government Medical College, Latur
- Government Medical college, Nagpur
- Indira Gandhi Medical College, Nagpur
- N K P Salve Institute of Medical Sciences, Nagpur
- Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Sevagram, Wardha
- Dr. Panjabrao Deshmukh Memorial Medical College, Amravati
- Shri Vasantrao Naik Government Medical College, Yavatmal
- Government Medical College, Akola
- Dr. Ulhas Patil Medical College, Jalgaon
Affiliated dental colleges are:
- Government-run colleges:-
- Government Dental College and Hospital & St. George Hospital, Mumbai.
- Givernment Dental College and Hospital, Nagpur
- Nair Hospital & Dental College, Mumbai
- Government Dental College & Hospital, Aurangabad.
- Private Dental Colleges:
- Swargiya Dadasaheb Kalmegh Smruti Dental College & Hospital, Nagpur
- V.S.P.M Dental College, Nagpur
- Terna Dental College, Navi Mumbai
- Yerala Dental College, Khargar
- Padmashree Dr D.Y. Patil Dental College, Pimpri
- Annasaheb Chudaman Patil Memorial Dental College, Dhule
- Guardian college of Dental Sciences, Thane
- Mahatma Gandhi Missions' Dental College, Navi Mumbai
- Sinhagad Dental College & Hospital
- Vidarbha Youth Welfare Societys Dental College Hospital, Amravati
- Yogita Dental College & Hospital, Khed, District Ratnagiri.
- Saraswati Dhanwantari Dental College
affiliated nursing colleges