Main Tera Hero
|Main Tera Hero|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||David Dhawan|
|Written by||Santosh Srinivas|
|Narrated by||Salman Khan|
|Edited by||Nitin Madhukar Rokade|
|Budget||₹425 million (US$Lua error in Module:Math at line 495: attempt to index field 'ParserFunctions' (a nil value). million)|
|Box office||₹710 million (US$Lua error in Module:Math at line 495: attempt to index field 'ParserFunctions' (a nil value). million)worldwide|
Main Tera Hero(Translation: I'm your hero) is a 2014 Bollywood action comedy film, directed by David Dhawan and produced by Shobha Kapoor and Ekta Kapoor for Balaji Motion Pictures. The film stars Varun Dhawan, Ileana D'Cruz, and Nargis Fakhri in the lead roles. Principal photography for the movie began on 30 May 2013, filming started on 5 July 2013 and was completed by 15 October. The film released on 4 April 2014 to mixed reviews from critics, though managed to earn the verdict of Semi Hit at the box office. It is a remake of the 2011 Telugu film Kandireega.
The film starts off with Sreenath Prasad aka Seenu (Varun Dhawan) kidnapping his professor's daughter and threatening him to give him passing grade in his report. Seenu's dad learns of this and taunts his son about how stupid, useless and an idiot he his. Seenu is very upset about this and goes to Bangalore to get a degree and prove to his dad that his is not an idiot. On the train to Bangalore, Seenu saves a girl named Ayesha (Nargis Fakhri) and her friends from a bunch of goons. Ayesha straightaway falls for him.., but Seenu is unaware of this, and just gets off the train at his station. He joins a university. This time Seenu tries to save a different girl named Sunaina (Ileana D'Cruz) from a corrupt police officer who threatens Sunaina to marry her. The corrupt officer Angad (Arunoday Singh) gets to know that Seenu is flirting with Sunaina and calls Seenu to the gym. He challenges Seenu to make Sunaina fall in love with him. Seenu and Sunaina both fall in love, as Seenu sings a song, Palat-Tera Hero Idhar Hai for her. The corrupt police officer Angad (Arunoday Singh) comes to know of this and arranges a deal with the Asia's biggest don Vikrant Singhal (Anupam Kher) who,s daughter Ayesha Singhal fell in love with Seenu. Vikrant is under the control of his spoilt daughter. Ayesha tells her dad that this is the boy she loves and she wants to marry him. Sunaina is kidnapped by Vikrant's men so Seenu comes to take her back where they would threaten him, to either marry Ayesha the next day or be killed. He asks for 10 days to get know Ayesha, but Vikrant refuses in that time Ayesha comes and puts on her convincing mood on and her dad agrees. Now Angad, Seenu, Ayesha and Sunaina are all living in the same mansion. The same night Seenu goes into Sunaina's room without anyone noticing and tells her that he only agreed to marry Ayesha so Vikrant doesn't kill him, and he told her to escape with her at that moment, he hides with Sunaina in the dining room where there is a painting of Lord Shiva and starts a worshiping dance and everyone wakes up to see his dance. The next day Seenu tells Ayesha that he is not the right one for her if she didnt hear bells ringing in her heart and if she sees a boy and hears bells ringing in her heart that means she is in true love with that boy. The innocent Ayesha falls for Seenu's lie. That same night Seenu while going to the house temple to pray to the Lord Ganesha to save him accidentally drops a banana skin on the steps after eating it. When Ayesha is walking down the stairs she slips and luckily Angad is there to save her. Seenu, unaware of all this, rings the temple bell three times after praying. Ayesha thinks that her heart was ringing and that she was falling in love with Angad. Sunaina tells Angad to kiss her if he truly loves her, Angad says that he doesn't know how to a girl, Seenu hearing that kisses Sunaina 3 time sat different places in the mansion to teach him. when Angad says that he is ready to kiss Sunaina, she tells him to close his eyes and goes away sending Ayesha in his place. Vikrant watches that and gets his gun to shoot Angad but Ayesha pushes away the gun and tells her dad that she wants to marry Angad and not Seenu. Thus, Seenu gets saved by God but acts as if he is crying, but not wanting to lose his daughter he persuades Seenu and gets Sunaina back for him. The film ends with the two couples getting married on the that day and Ayesha thanking Seenu
- Varun Dhawan as Seenu
- Ileana D'Cruz as Sunaina
- Nargis Fakhri as Ayesha
- Arunoday Singh as Angad Bedi
- Rajpal Yadav as Peter
- Anupam Kher as Vikrant Singhal
- Saurabh Shukla as Balli
- Manoj Pahwa as father of Seenu
- Supriya Shukla as mother of Seenu
- Evelyn Sharma as Veronica
- Salman Khan as various Gods
- Raju Kher as Professor Tripathi
- Ashwin Mushran as Angad's Doctor
Ekta Kapoor producer confirmed her big budget movie in January 2013 as she bought the rights for her next venture from Telugu movie Kandireega for ₹20 million (US$320,000). Production team wants the movie to capture it as a modern day Himmatwala with a treatment like The Wedding Crashers. Nargis Fakhri dubbed in her own voice over for the first time in a Hindi language movie which was stopping her due to language barrier.
Initial filming began on 5 July 2013, the filming locations include Bangalore, Bangkok and London. Next schedule commenced in Bangkok October 2013 with the main cast. Number of songs for the movie has been choreographed by Bosco-Caesar in Bangkok. Veteran actor Anupam Kher will be seen alongside main cast in a supporting role.
|Main Tera Hero|
|Soundtrack album by Sajid-Wajid|
|Released||20 February 2014|
This page is a soft redirect.}
The soundtrack is composed by Sajid-Wajid, while the lyrics are penned by Kumaar, except where noted. The first song, Besharmi Ki Height, sung by Benny Dayal and Shalmali Kholgade, released on 20 February 2014. The soundtrack of the film, consisting of 6 songs, released on 3 March 2014. The producers of the film capitulating on the popularity of the song "Palat – Tera Hero Idhar Hai" from the soundtrack attached a remix version of it along with the theatrical prints of Ragini MMS 2 which released on 21 March 2014—instead of the theatrical trailer—marking the first such instance. Some critics compared the track, Palat – Tera Hero Idhar Hai to the 1981 song, Jahan Teri Yeh Nazar Hai from the soundtrack of the film, Kaalia.
- Track listing
|Main Tera Hero|
|1.||"Besharmi Ki Height"||Benny Dayal, Shalmali Kholgade||4:50|
|2.||"Palat – Tera Hero Idhar Hai" (Lyrics By: Kausar Munir and Danish Sabri)||Arijit Singh||4:31|
|3.||"Shanivaar Raati"||Arijit Singh, Shalmali Kholgade||4:21|
|4.||"Galat Baat Hai" (Lyrics By: Kausar Munir and Danish Sabri)||Neeti Mohan, Javed Ali||4:20|
|5.||"Besharmi Ki Height (Remix By DJ Notorious)"||Benny Dayal, Shalmali Kholgade||4:11|
|6.||"Shanivaar Raati (Remix By DJ Maza)"||Arijit Singh, Shalmali Kholgade||3:41|
Reception of soundtrack
Filmfare music review given by Devesh Sharma gave 4 stars out of 5 and said "This breezy soundtrack offers a good antidote for dull evenings. One can say that Sajid-Wajid are certainly back in business. They might not have experimented much but have given us the classic Hindi film sound that has gone missing in today's times."
The Bollywood Hungama gave the soundtrack 3 out of 5 stars stating "The David Dhawan-Sajid-Wajid combo rocks on...! Only next time, Dhawan should let S-W be completely free to indulge in their own style – that way, we will get the far higher musical level of Partner! That said, we must compliment the team for their mainstream masala musical magic!"
Another 3 stars out of 5 was given by Joginder Tuteja from Rediff mentioning "The Main Tera Hero soundtrack has no dull moments. Songs like Palat and Besharmi keep the fun element intact right through."
The film's official trailer was released online on 23 January 2014 with presence of the main cast. Positive responses came along for the young stars' vibe and one of the tabloid reviews compared the movie to Archie Comics characters. Arise India and PVR Cinemas collaborated to bring the star-cast of Main Tera Hero to the initial screening at MGF Metropolitan Mall in Saket, Delhi.
Promotional events for the film took place at various cities. As a part of the tour, the cast visited many colleges, malls and news channels to promote their film. The cast made appearances at colleges and malls in Indore and then touring New Delhi, turned up at Delhi University's campus which saw thousands of youngsters turn up to see actors Varun Dhawan, Ileana D'Cruz and anchor Bharat Jain. They were reportedly disheartened at Nargis Fakhri's absence as she was shooting in Budapest. Dhawan and D'Cruz entertained the audience as they danced on the film's songs, Palat and Besharmi Ki Height. The film was also promoted on the popular reality television show Comedy Nights with Kapil.
The film received mixed reviews.
Taran Adarsh of Bollywood Hungama gave the movie 3.5/5 stars and wrote, "On the whole, MAIN TERA HERO is a wild, wacky, madcap entertainer that has the unmistakable stamp of the master of entertainers – David Dhawan. An over the top plot, humor quotient and performances are three aces the film stands on. The film should work well with admirers of typical Bollywood masalathons, also because Varun Dhawan pulls off the act with flamboyance and bowls you over with an uproarious act in this zany entertainer. Go, have fun and laugh out loud!" Srijana Mitra Das of Times of India gave the movie 3.5/5 stars saying, Main Tera Hero is a pav bhaji picture, quick, spicy, hot. It has the depth of a comic strip but it also has its neon-shaded fun. For those who want a light laugh, here's your boy. Paloma Sharma of Rediff gave the movie 3.5/5 stars, and wrote, Main Tera Hero rests almost solely on the bases of strong performances extracted by a tough taskmaster, director David Dhawan—who makes a surprisingly clean film for the most part but doesn't seem to have been able to resist the temptation to indulge in a few less-than-tasteful jokes post-interval. The second half is primarily where the problem lies. The script dwindles slightly. Too many characters with too many subplots emerge, messing things up for a bit. Film Critic Subhash K. Jha gave the film 3 stars, saying ""Main Tera Hero" is a cleverly designed blues-chaser...While Varun Dhawan goes about the task of filling up the screen with his confident zest, David Dhawan ensures there is enough fuel to furnish the funnies with a furious tempo".
Mohar Basu of koimoi praised the film, stating that, "Main Tero Hero transports you into a world of fun that we have been kept devoid of from weeks. Quick witted, jocular and pricelessly silly, this film is a sure shot must watch." She gave the film 3 out of 5 stars. Raedita Tandan of Filmfare rated the movie with 3 stars stating, "Main Tera Hero (MTH) is a textbook David Dhawan movie. This is the kind of low-brow humour you enjoy without pretensions. It's not great cinema but it is a paisa vasool comedy." Sarita Tanwar of DNA gave the movie 3/5 stars and said, "Main Tera Hero is a light-hearted entertainer, under two hours long which moves along at a brisk pace. Tushar Hiranandani has penned a mad script that will reel you in as soon as the credits end. If the industry was looking for a replacement for Govinda, then there isn't a better option than Varun." Saibal Chatterjee of NDTV gave the movie 2.5/5 stars and said that, "Main Tera Hero is an action-packed romantic comedy that is peppered with vivacious performances, peppy musical set pieces, and a breezy and an unusual love triangle that eventually acquires an additional angle. The story, which is clearly only a pretext to hang the film's many gags on, delivers frantic twists and turns that strain credulity." Zee News Aparna Mudi, rated the movie 2.5/5 stars, stating, "The cast of the movie have definitely been given leverage to play their characters with ease, and performances are good all around. They also seem to have had a lot of fun with the movie, especially Varun, as he looks adorable pulling faces and romancing the two lead heroines. Highly entertaining in the first half, 'Main Tera Hero' slumps in the second. The jokes are slightly in-your-face and fail to make you laugh at times."
Abhishek Gupta of India TV gave it 2.5 stars and wrote, "Twists and turns in the climax look forcibly inducted to give a feel of suspense, though, it doesn't work at all. The cop and the Don turning into comic characters were expected from it but despite all these hiccups, Main Tera Hero reaches its destination." The Hindustan Times ' Anupama Chopra gave the film 2 stars, saying, "There are a few moments in the film that took me back to the good old day. But mostly, Main Tera Hero is loud and tiring. The frenzied plot didn't deliver enough funny lines. The burden of making this enterprise work rests mostly with Varun, who is as hyper as a helium-filled energiser bunny. Meanwhile, the two svelte heroines – Ileana D'Cruz and Nargis Fakhri – simper about looking sexy. I just wish it had been more interesting". India Today gave the film 2 stars: "If this film was made to establish Varun Dhawan as a comedy actor who can do something different then they have achieved what they wanted. Because he does put a great show together but there is absolutely nothing else that deserves any compliments." 
Main Tera Hero opened to an "excellent" occupancy of around 100% in India. The film which released alongside Captain America: The Winter Soldier led in the morning shows in places like Rajasthan, Gujarat and CI while lost out to it in multiplexes of Kolkata, Delhi, Bangalore and Mumbai. The film saw a major setback during evening shows in the first day of its release owing to the semi-final match between India and South-Africa collecting ₹200 million (US$Lua error in Module:Math at line 495: attempt to index field 'ParserFunctions' (a nil value). million). The film collected another ₹279 million (US$Lua error in Module:Math at line 495: attempt to index field 'ParserFunctions' (a nil value). million) on the second day of its theatrical release—taking its two-day total to ₹500 million (US$Lua error in Module:Math at line 495: attempt to index field 'ParserFunctions' (a nil value). million)—showing a considerable growth of 80%, which was expected considering the loss on its first day to the cricket match. On the third day it collected ₹75 million (US$Lua error in Module:Math at line 495: attempt to index field 'ParserFunctions' (a nil value). million)—₹77.5 million (US$Lua error in Module:Math at line 495: attempt to index field 'ParserFunctions' (a nil value). million) to take its weekend total to ₹400 million (US$Lua error in Module:Math at line 495: attempt to index field 'ParserFunctions' (a nil value). million)—₹403 million (US$Lua error in Module:Math at line 495: attempt to index field 'ParserFunctions' (a nil value). million) which though "high" by normal standards were understandable because of the cricket matches affecting its growth. On its first Monday it had a collection of around ₹375 million (US$Lua error in Module:Math at line 495: attempt to index field 'ParserFunctions' (a nil value). million)—₹436 million (US$Lua error in Module:Math at line 495: attempt to index field 'ParserFunctions' (a nil value). million). On the fifth day of its theatrical release there was a growth of 15% courtesy a holiday, another ₹27.5 million (US$440,000) on the next day pushed the film's six-day total to ₹308 million (US$Lua error in Module:Math at line 495: attempt to index field 'ParserFunctions' (a nil value). million). Overall the film had a decent first week collecting ₹335 million (US$Lua error in Module:Math at line 495: attempt to index field 'ParserFunctions' (a nil value). million) domestically. The film with the fourth highest first week total of the year—after Jai Ho, Gunday and Ragini MMS 2—performed best in circuits like CP Berar, Nizam and Andhra Pradesh, where it collected an estimated ₹221 million (US$Lua error in Module:Math at line 495: attempt to index field 'ParserFunctions' (a nil value). million) plus and above all in Gujarat with ₹400 million (US$Lua error in Module:Math at line 495: attempt to index field 'ParserFunctions' (a nil value). million). Suffering a heavy drop of 75% the film collected ₹15 million (US$240,000) on its eighth day. The film in all collected ₹128 million (US$Lua error in Module:Math at line 495: attempt to index field 'ParserFunctions' (a nil value). million) in its second week managing a two-week total of ₹463 million (US$Lua error in Module:Math at line 495: attempt to index field 'ParserFunctions' (a nil value). million) with best collections from Mumbai, Rajasthan and CP Berar circuits. From the Mumbai circuit—comprising the Gujarat-Saurashtra belts—alone it collected ₹180 million (US$Lua error in Module:Math at line 495: attempt to index field 'ParserFunctions' (a nil value). million). It was declared a "Semi Hit" by Box Office India.
|2014||Life OK Now Awards, May 2014||Life OK Now – Film||Ekta Kapoor||Won|
|Life OK Now – Actor (Male)||Varun Dhawan|
|Life OK Now – Actor (Female)||Ileana D'Cruz||Nominated|
|Life OK Now – Director||David Dhawan||Won|
|Life OK WOW Performance of the month (Female)||Ileana D'Cruz|
|Life OK Now – Music of the Month||Sajid-Wajid|
|Life OK Now – Singer (Male)|| Arijit Singh |
(for the Song Palat)
|Life OK Now – Singer (Female)|| Shalmali Kholgade |
(for the Song Besharmi Ki Height)
|Life OK Now – Supporting Actor (Female)||Nargis Fakhri|
|Life OK Now – Moment of the Month|
- "MAIN TERA HERO (2014)". BBFC. 1 April 2014. Retrieved 2 April 2014.
- "Top Ten Worldwide Grossers 2014". Box Office India. 8 May 2014. Retrieved 8 May 2014.
- Varun Dhawan makes a comeback with dad David's Main Tera Hero : Bollywood, News – India Today
- 'Main Tera Hero' first look: Varun Dhawan to play a college student again?-Movies News News – IBNLive Mobile
- Varun Dhawan's Main Tera Hero locked for 2014 release | NDTV Movies.com
- Varun Dhawan’s ‘Main Tera Hero’ trailer crosses two million hits on Youtube | The Indian Express
- "Ekta Kapoor brings David and Varun Dhawan together – Times of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 8 January 2013. Retrieved 31 January 2014.
- Dabas, Nitin (3 April 2014). "Main Tera Hero 1st Day Box Office Collection | Total Opening day Income". NewsZoner. Retrieved 3 April 2014.
- singh, prashant. "Varun Dhawan is Ekta Kapoor's Rs. 2 crore hero". hindustantimes.
- IANS. "Nargis' Hindi improves, not blocking offers". zee news. Retrieved 4 April 2014.
- "Nargis Fakhri to work with Varun Dhawan in 'Main Tera Hero' – Indian Express". Archive.indianexpress.com. 17 May 2013. Retrieved 16 March 2014.
- "Ileana D'Cruz and nargis Fakhri snapped during Main Tera Hero film shooting | Main Tera Hero | Picture 366802 – Oneindia Gallery – Oneindia Gallery". Gallery.oneindia.in. Retrieved 31 January 2014.
- "Main Tera Hero: Do it Salman's way, says David Dhawan to Varun". iblnlive. Retrieved 4 April 2014.
- IANS (14 October 2013). "Varun, Nargis enjoy Bangkok leg of 'Main Tera Hero' – Times of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 31 January 2014.
- "Ileana D'cruz-Varun Dhawan shoot for MAIN TERA HERO's last song – bollywood news". glamsham.com. 27 November 2013. Retrieved 31 January 2014.[unreliable source?]
- "Welcome To IANS Live – ENTERTAINMENT – Anupam enjoyed 'Main Tera Hero' journey". Ianslive.in. 4 March 2014. Retrieved 16 March 2014.
- "Anupam enjoyed 'Main Tera Hero' journey – India TV News | Breaking News | Latest News". M.indiatvnews.com. 5 March 2014. Retrieved 16 March 2014.
- Main Tera Hero Full Songs Jukebox
- ' val.created_at ' (20 February 2014). "Varun Dhawan hits Besharmi Ki Height just right Video". NDTV.com. Retrieved 16 March 2014.
- "Varun and Nargis release the music of Main Tera Hero at a suburban mall in Mumbai – The Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 6 March 2014. Retrieved 16 March 2014.
- "Varun's Palat song as a promo with Ragini MMS 2". TNN. The Times of India. 20 March 2014. Retrieved 22 March 2014.
- "Varun's 'Palat' song to be shown as promo with Ragini MMS 2". India Today. Press Trust of India. 20 March 2014. Retrieved 22 March 2014.
- "Ragini MMS 2 to feature Palat remix". Hindustan Times. Indo-Asian News Service. 20 March 2014. Retrieved 22 March 2014.
- "Main Tera Hero Song Inspired by Jahan Teri Yeh Nazar Hai?". PinkVilla. 3 March 2014. Retrieved 4 March 2014.
|last1=in Authors list (help)
- "RD Burman's 'Kaalia' number influenced Sajid-Wajid's 'Palat'". Business Standard. 22 March 2014.
- Devesh Sharma (25 March 2014). "ReviewLeave your comment below 1 Reviews Music Review: Main Tera Hero". Filmfare. Retrieved 29 March 2014.
- "Main Tera Hero (2014) | Critic Review By Rajiv Vijayakar". Bollywood Hungama. 6 March 2014. Retrieved 16 March 2014.
- Joginder Tuteja (17 March 2014). "Review: Main Tera Hero has dhamaal music". Rediff. Retrieved 29 March 2014.
- "Varun Dhawan entertains guests at ' Main Tera Hero' trailer launch in Mumbai – The Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 25 January 2014. Retrieved 31 January 2014.
- Mohar Basu (25 January 2014). "Main Tera Hero Trailer Analysis | Varun & Daddy Dhawan Take Us Back To Govinda's Era". Koimoi.com. Retrieved 16 March 2014.
- Khanna, Niyati. "Trailer Review: Main Tera Hero Reminds You Of Archie, Betty And Veronica". Businessofcinema.com. Retrieved 31 January 2014.
- "Arise India and PVR Cinemas collaborate to bring the star-cast of 'Mai Tera HeroR9 Digital' nearer to their fans". APN News. Retrieved 28 March 2014.
- Gupta, Iresh (2 April 2014). "Star cast of Main Tera Hero visits KMC". DU beat. Retrieved 3 April 2014.
- Aggarwal, Umang (4 April 2014). "Varun Dhawan and Ileana D'Cruz steal the show at Kirori Mal College's annual cultural fest, Renaissance, in Delhi". The Times of India. Retrieved 5 April 2014.
- Adarsh, Taran. "Main Tera Hero". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 4 April 2014.
- Das, Srijana. "Main Tera Hero". times of india. Retrieved 4 April 2014.
- sharma, paloma. "Review: Main Tera Hero is total paisa vasool!". rediff. Retrieved 4 April 2014.
- "Movie Review: Main Tera Hero is fun filled Son stroke by David Dhawan". IANS. news.biharprabha.com. Retrieved 4 April 2014.
- tandan, Raedita. "Movie Review: Main Tera Hero". filmfare. Retrieved 4 April 2014.
- Tanwar, Sarita. "Film Review: In the mood for a madcap film? 'Main Tera Hero' is the answer". DNA. Retrieved 4 April 2014.
- Chatterjee, Saibal. "Main Tera Hero movie review". ndtv. Retrieved 4 April 2014.
- mudi, aparna. "'Main Tera Hero' review – Definitely not David Dhawan's best". zee news. Retrieved 4 April 2014.
- Gupta, Abhishek. "Main Tera Hero movie review: Despite flaws Varun makes it work". india tv. Retrieved 4 April 2014.
- Chopra, Anupama. "Movie review by Anupama Chopra: Main Tera Hero is fools’ paradise". The Hindustan Times. Retrieved 4 April 2014.
- Rohit, khilnani. "Movie review: Main Tera Hero can be a decent DVD watch". india today. Retrieved 4 April 2014.
- "Main Tera Hero Has Average Opening". Boxofficeindia. Retrieved 4 April 2014.
- "Main Tera Hero First Day Business". Box Office India Trade Network. Box Office India. 5 April 2014. Retrieved 5 April 2014.
- "Main Tera Hero First Day Territorial Breakdown". Box Office India Trade Network. Box Office India. 5 April 2014. Retrieved 6 April 2014.
- "Main Tera Hero Saturday Business". Box Office India Trade Network. Box Office India. 6 April 2014. Retrieved 6 April 2014.
- "Main Tera Hero Has Average Weekend". Box Office India Trade Network. Box Office India. 7 April 2014. Retrieved 7 April 2014.
- "Main Tera Hero Holds Well on Monday". Box Office India Trade Network. Box Office India. 8 April 2014. Retrieved 8 April 2014.
- "Main Tera Hero Crosses 30 Crore in Six Days". Box Office India Trade Network. Box Office India. 10 April 2014. Retrieved 13 April 2014.
- "Main Tera Hero Has Decent First Week". Box Office India. 11 April 2014. Retrieved 11 April 2014.
- "Main Tera Hero Has Low Eighth Day". Box Office India Trade Network. Box Office India. 12 April 2014. Retrieved 13 April 2014.
- "Main Tera Hero Second Week Collection Details". Box Office India Trade Network. Box Office India. 21 April 2014. Retrieved 21 April 2014.
- "Main Tera Hero Set To Be Fourth Highest Grosser of 2014". Box Office India Trade Network. Box Office India. 18 April 2014. Retrieved 18 April 2014.
- "2 States Has Excellent Initial at Multiplexes Bhoothnath Returns Drops Midweek". Box Office India. 19 April 2014.
- "Main Tera Hero". Box Office India. Retrieved 15 May 2014.