Martin A. Morrison
Born in Frankfort, Indiana, Morrison attended the public schools. He was graduated from Butler College, Irvington, Indiana, in June 1883 and from the law department of the University of Virginia at Charlottesville in 1886. He was admitted to the bar the same year and commenced practice in Frankfort, Indiana. County attorney of Clinton County in 1905 and 1906. He served as member of the board of education 1907–1909.
Morrison was elected as a Democrat to the Sixty-first and to the three succeeding Congresses (March 4, 1909 – March 3, 1917). He served as chairman of the Committee on Patents (Sixty-fourth Congress). He was not a candidate for renomination in 1916. He resumed the practice of law. He served as president of the United States Civil Service Commission from March 1919 to July 1921. He became a member of the legal staff of the chief counsel of the Federal Trade Commission at Washington, D.C., on December 10, 1925, and served until his retirement on April 30, 1942, maintaining his residence in Washington, D.C.. He died in Abingdon, Virginia, July 9, 1944, while on a vacation. He was interred in Bunnell Cemetery, Frankfort, Indiana.
12px This article incorporates public domain material from websites or documents of the Biographical Directory of the United States Congress.
|United States House of Representatives|
Charles B. Landis
|Member of the U.S. House of Representatives
from Indiana's 9th congressional district
March 4, 1909 – March 3, 1917
| Succeeded by|
Fred S. Purnell