Mary Jean Alexandra Fulbrook, FRHistS, FBA (née Wilson; born 28 November 1951) is a British academic and historian. Since 1995, she has been Professor of German History at University College London. She is a noted researcher in a wide range of fields, including religion and society in early modern Europe, the German dictatorships of the twentieth century, Europe after the Holocaust, and historiography and social theory.
Fulbrook was born Mary Jean Alexandra Wilson on 28 November 1951 to Professor Arthur J. C. Wilson and Dr Harriett C. Wilson (née Friedeberg). She was educated at Sidcot School, an independent day and boarding school in Somerset, and at King Edward VI High School, an all-girls independent school in Birmingham. She went on to study at Newnham College, Cambridge. In 1973, she graduated with a double first class Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree; this was converted to Master of Arts (MA Cantab) in 1977. She then moved to the United States where she undertook post-graduate study at Harvard University. She completed her Master of Arts (AM) degree in 1975 and her Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degree in 1979.
- Fulbrook, M. (1999). German national identity after the Holocaust. Cambridge: Polity Press.
- Fulbrook, M. (2003). Historical theory. Routledge.
- Fulbrook, M. (2012). A Small Town Near Auschwitz: Ordinary Nazis and the Holocaust. Oxford University Press.
- "FULBROOK, Prof. Mary Jean Alexandra". Who's Who 2015. A & C Black. October 2014. Retrieved 28 November 2014.
- "FULBROOK, Professor Mary". British Academy Fellows. British Academy. Retrieved 29 November 2014.
- UCL: Mary Fulbrook (Accessed July 2013)
- Evans, Richard J. and Mary Fulbrook (1984) Editorial, German History Volume 1 Issue 1.
- "Fellows - F" (PDF). The Royal Historical Society. Retrieved 29 November 2014.
- Alberge, Dalya (2012) Historian uncovers her family link to secret Nazi's role in the Holocaust: The guilty tale of the German civil servant who married her godmother is revealed in a new book by historian Mary Fulbrook, The Observer, Sunday 16 September.
Lua error in Module:Authority_control at line 346: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).