Adverts

Open Access Articles- Top Results for Means Street Historic District

Means Street Historic District

Means Street Historic District
250px
Allied Factory Warehouse No. 2
Location Bounded by Marietta St., Bankhead and Ponders Aves., and the Southern rail line, Atlanta
Coordinates

33°46′22″N 84°24′18″W / 33.77278°N 84.40500°W / 33.77278; -84.40500Coordinates: 33°46′22″N 84°24′18″W / 33.77278°N 84.40500°W / 33.77278; -84.40500{{#coordinates:33|46|22|N|84|24|18|W|region:US-GA_type:landmark |primary |name=

}}
Built from 1869
Architectural style commercial eclectic
NRHP Reference # 01000648
Added to NRHP 2001-06-14[1]

The Means Street Historic District in the Marietta Street Artery district of Atlanta consists of historic, mostly 19th and early 20th century warehouse and industrial buildings now converted to office space along one block of Means St. between Bankhead and Ponders Aves. Means Street was named for landowner Alexander Means and was plotted in 1869. Warehouses were built in this early industrial corridor, then known as Bellwood, along the railroad line. Mule-pulled trolleys brought workers starting in 1882, and these became electrified in 1894.[2]

Contributing properties include:

References

External links