|Systematic (IUPAC) name|
|Synonyms||9-Benzyl-2-methyl-2,3,4,9-tetrahydro-1H-gamma-carboline, Incidal, Omeril, diazolin, Fabahistin, mebhydrolin napadisylate, mebhydroline 1,5-naphthalenedisulfonate|
|14px (what is this?)|
Mebhydrolin (INN) or mebhydroline is an antihistamine. It is not available in the United States, but it is in various other countries. It is also called Bexidal (BD) and Diazolin (RU). It is used for symptomatic relief of allergic symptoms caused by histamine release, including nasal allergies and allergic dermatosis.
Mebhydrolin has been shown to enhance the performance-deficit effects of alcohol.
- "FABAHISTIN 50 mg (Tablets)". South African Electronic Package Inserts. September 1970. Retrieved 2007-03-02.[dead link]
- "Diazoline". National Library of Medicine - Medical Subject Headings. US National Institutes of Health, National Library of Medicine. Retrieved 2007-03-02.
- "Mebhydroline". National Library of Medicine - Medical Subject Headings. US National Institutes of Health, National Library of Medicine. Retrieved 2007-03-02.
- "Mebhydrolin chemical information". PubChem. Retrieved 2007-03-02.
- Franks HM, Lawrie M, Schabinsky VV, Starmer GA, Teo RK (October 1981). "Interaction between ethanol and antihistamines: 3. mebhydrolin". Med. J. Aust. 2 (9): 477–9. PMID 6119605.
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.