Megan Whalen Turner
Megan Whalen Turner (born 1965) is an American writer of fantasy fiction for young adults. She received her BA with honors in English language and literature from the University of Chicago in 1987. She is best known for her series of young adult novels primarily revolving around a character named Eugenides. Turner has no name for the series herself, but fans have coined it The Queen's Thief. The first book in the series, The Thief, won a Newbery Honor award. The second, third, and fourth books in the series are The Queen of Attolia, The King of Attolia, and A Conspiracy of Kings. She has also published a collection of short stories, Instead of Three Wishes. Additional work includes the short story, "The Baby in the Night Deposit Box," published in a collection called Firebirds, edited by Sharyn November. "The Baby in the Night Deposit Box" was selected for The Year's Best Fantasy and Horror. She has also written three uncollected short stories, Thief!, “Destruction,” and "Eddis," which are set in the world of The Queen's Thief.
The Queen's Thief
- "Megan Whalen Turner - About". meganwhalenturner.org. Retrieved 2014-01-25.
- "Newbery Medal and Honor Books, 1922-Present | Association for Library Service to Children (ALSC)". ala.org. Retrieved 2014-01-25.
- "Megan Whalen Turner - Novels". meganwhalenturner.org. Retrieved 2014-01-25.
- "Megan Whalen Turner - Short Stories". meganwhalenturner.org. Retrieved 2014-01-25.
|40x40px||Wikiquote has quotations related to: Megan Whalen Turner|
- Official website
- Livejournal discussion group
- Megan Whalen Turner at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database
- Megan Whalen Turner at Library of Congress Authorities, with 8 catalog records
Lua error in Module:Authority_control at line 346: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found. Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.