Open Access Articles- Top Results for Methoxy
Research & Reviews: Journal of Pharmaceutical AnalysisSynthesis, Spectra and Biological Studies on some Metal (II) Complexes of 3-(6-methoxypyridin-3-ylimino)methyl)-6-methyl-2H-chromen-4-ol.
Research & Reviews: Journal of ChemistryDisciplined Reactions - A Facile One-Flask Synthesis of 2-Substituted-4-m-methoxy -p-hydroxybezylidene-1-phenyl-2-imidazolin-5-ones and its Biologica
Modern Chemistry & ApplicationsThe Effects of Blanching, Harvest Time and Location (with a Minor Look at Postharvest Blighting) on Oleoresin Yields, Percent Curcuminoids and Levels
Journal of Neurology & Neurophysiology4-((1E)-2-(5-(4-hydroxy-3-methoxystyryl-)-1-phenyl-1H-pyrazoyl-3- yl) vinyl)-2-methoxy-phenol) (CNB-001) Does Not Regulate Human Recombinant Protein
In chemistry (particularly organic chemistry), methoxy refers to the functional group consisting of a methyl group bound to oxygen. This alkoxy group has the formula O–CH3. The term is used in organic chemistry usually to describe an ether. As quantified by the Hammett equation, methoxy is an electron-donating group.
The simplest methoxy compounds are methanol and dimethyl ether. Other methoxy ethers include anisole and vanillin. Many metal alkoxides contain methoxy groups, e.g. tetramethyl orthosilicate and titanium methoxide. Such compounds are often classified as methoxides.
In Nature, methoxy compounds are notable by their absence. They do not occur in amino acids, the heterocycles that comprise the genetic code, nor in lipids. They are however common substituents in O-methylated flavonoids. Their biosynthesis entails O-methyltransferases, which act on phenols, e.g., Catechol-O-methyl transferase (COMT). A large number of natural products in plants, e.g. lignins, are generated via catalysis by caffeoyl-CoA O-methyltransferase.
- Wout Boerjan, John Ralph, Marie Baucher "Lignin Biosynthesis" Annu. Rev. Plant Biol. 2003, vol. 54, pp. 519–46. doi:10.1146/annurev.arplant.54.031902.134938
- J. A. Scarrow and C. F. H. Allen "Methoxyacetonitrile" Org. Synth. 1933, 13, 56.doi:10.15227/orgsyn.013.0056
- Josep Cornella, Cayetana Zarate, and Ruben Martin "Ni-catalyzed Reductive Cleavage of Methyl 3-Methoxy-2-Naphthoate" Org. Synth. 2014, 91, 260. doi:10.15227/orgsyn.091.0260
- Cheung, Chi Wai; Buchwald, Stephen L. (2 August 2013). "Mild and General Palladium-Catalyzed Synthesis of Methyl Aryl Ethers Enabled by the Use of a Palladacycle Precatalyst". Organic Letters 15 (15): 3998–4001. doi:10.1021/ol401796v.
- Tolnai, Gergely L.; Pethő, Bálint; Králl, Péter; Novák, Zoltán (13 January 2014). "Palladium-Catalyzed Methoxylation of Aromatic Chlorides with Borate Salts". Advanced Synthesis & Catalysis 356 (1): 125–129. doi:10.1002/adsc.201300687.