|Died||2014 (aged 72–73)|
|Occupation||Writer, journalist, publicist|
During the 1960s, Vosse was an acquaintance of record producer David Anderle and the Beach Boys' leader Brian Wilson, working under his employment as an assistant. Vosse participated in the making of the unfinished album Smile, later reporting Wilson's infamous apprehensiveness upon hearing the Beatles' 1967 single "Strawberry Fields Forever". Two years later, he expounded on his side of the Smile story within an editorial for the publication Fusion, and in 2004, appeared as himself for the documentary Beautiful Dreamer: Brian Wilson and the Story of Smile.
Following his relationship with the Beach Boys, Vosse worked for the Monterey Pop Festival committee, and then as an assistant to the vice president of A&M Records, and was involved with the Flying Burrito Brothers. He was assigned by the label to accompany them during their infamous cross-country tour in the late 1960s.
- R.I.P. Michael Vosse
- Badman 2004, p. 149.
- Dillon 2012.
- Badman 2004, pp. 151, 153, 156, 162.
- Kiehl, Stephen (September 26, 2004). "Lost and Found Sounds". The Baltimore Sun.
- Vosse, Michael (April 14, 1969). "Our Exagmination Round His Factification For Incamination of Work in Progress: Michael Vosse Talks About Smile". Fusion 8.
- Leaf, David (Director) (2004). Beautiful Dreamer: Brian Wilson and the Story of Smile (Documentary film).
- Hoskyns 2009, p. 154.
- Proehl 2008, pp. 79–80.
- Einarson 2008, p. 88.
- Hundley & Parsons 2005, pp. 139–140.
- Badman, Keith (2004). The Beach Boys: The Definitive Diary of America's Greatest Band, on Stage and in the Studio. Backbeat Books. ISBN 978-0-87930-818-6.
- Dillon, Mark (2012). Fifty Sides of the Beach Boys: The Songs That Tell Their Story. ECW Press. ISBN 978-1-77090-198-8.
- Einarson, John (2008), Hot Burritos: The True Story of The Flying Burrito Brothers, Jawbone Press, ISBN 978-1-906002-99-2
- Hoskyns, Barney (2009). Waiting for the Sun: A Rock 'n' Roll History of Los Angeles. Backbeat Books. ISBN 978-0-87930-943-5.
- Hundley, Jessica; Parsons, Polly (2005), Grievous Angel: An Intimate Biography of Gram Parsons, Da Capo Press, ISBN 0-7867-3795-6
- Proehl, Bob (2008), Flying Burrito Brothers' The Gilded Palace of Sin, A&C Black, ISBN 978-0-8264-2903-2
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.