|Full name||Michelle Betos|
|Date of birth||February 20, 1988|
|Place of birth||Brooklyn, New York, United States|
|Height||Script error: No such module "convert".|
|Portland Thorns FC|
|2012||New York Fury|
|2014-||Portland Thorns FC||3||(0)|
Michelle Betos (born February 20, 1988) is an American professional soccer goalkeeper. She is currently signed with the Portland Thorns FC in the National Women's Soccer League. She previously played for Seattle Reign FC, Apollon Limassol, and the New York Fury.
Born in Queens, New York to parents, Luke and Susan Betos, Michelle began playing soccer at age five. She attended St. Francis Preparatory School in the New York City borough of Queens. She was a two-year captain on the soccer team and was named 2005 Most Valuable Player. She played for the Albertson Fury ’87 from 2004-2006 and was a member of the Region I Olympic Development Program (ODP) team in 2006. In 2005, she was named an ENYSSA State Team player and participated in the Super Y-League Olympic Development Program (ODP) National Camp.
University of Georgia
Betos attended the University of Georgia. She finished her college career with a total of 316 saves, ranking third all-time at Georgia and second in shutout count (26) and win totals (48). During her senior year, she started all 22 games, logging 1,929 minutes and earned eight shutouts and a goals-against average (GAA) of 1.12 per game. Her junior year, she appeared in all 23 games making 22 starts. She recorded seven shutouts and a 1.19 GAA, finishing the season with 117 saves. Betos was named SEC All-Tournament Team and SEC Defensive Player of the Week on October 21, 2008. In 2007, she started all 24 games, finishing with 18 wins, eight shutouts and a 0.79 GAA. She recorded a save percentage of .816, making 84 saves and allowing 19 goals. She was named the team's Defensive Most Valuable Player. During her freshman year, Betos appeared in 12 games in goal, making eight starts. She led Georgia in GAA (1.18), save percentage (.732), least goals allowed (11), wins (5), shutouts (3) and saves (30). She was named to the SEC All-Freshman Team the same year.
Atlanta Silverbacks, 2009
Betos played for the Atlanta Silverbacks of the W-League during the 2009 season. She was named W-League Goalkeeper of the Year after leading the Atlanta Silverbacks to the regular season Southeast Division title. She finished the season with a 9-1-1 record and the team finished 10-1-1. She ranked second in the league for her 0.188 goals-against average, nine wins and nine shutouts.
New York Fury, 2012
Apollon Limassol, 2012-13
Seattle Reign FC, 2013
Betos was selected by the Seattle Reign FC during the 2013 NWSL Supplemental Draft as their fifth pick (34th pick overall). She was the starting goalkeeper for seven of the club's matches during the beginning of the 2013 season before Hope Solo returned from wrist surgery recovery. Betos made 34 saves and registered a 2.0 goals against average.
Portland Thorns FC, 2014
In the 2013-14 offseason, Seattle traded Betos and Kristie Mewis to the Boston Breakers for Sydney Leroux. Boston soon traded Betos to Portland for the thirty-fourth pick in the 2014 NWSL College Draft.
- "Goalkeeper Michelle Betos a breed above the rest". The Red and Black. Retrieved 21 February 2013.
- "Michelle Betos player profile". University of Georgia. Retrieved 21 February 2013.
- "Flushing's Betos backstopping Seattle in NWSL". Big Apple Soccer. Retrieved 1 May 2013.
- "Women's Soccer News: New York Fury Add Johnson, Betos and Spencer". Soccer Nation. Retrieved 21 February 2013.
- "Michelle Betos". UEFA Champions League. Retrieved 21 February 2013.
- "Michelle Betos player profile". Soccerway. Retrieved 21 February 2013.
- "Results: Ochs taken first in NWSL Supplemental Draft". Equalizer Soccer. Retrieved 21 February 2013.
- "Seattle Reign picks six in NWSL Supplemental Draft, rumored to be acquiring Veronica Perez". Sounder at Heart. Retrieved 21 February 2013.
- "2013 National Women's Soccer League stats". National Women's Soccer League. Retrieved 6 September 2013.