Adverts

Open Access Articles- Top Results for Mughr al-Khayt

Mughr al-Khayt

Mughr al-Khayt
Also spelled Mughr al Kheit[1]
Subdistrict Safad
Coordinates

32°59′18.75″N 35°32′16.85″E / 32.9885417°N 35.5380139°E / 32.9885417; 35.5380139Coordinates: 32°59′18.75″N 35°32′16.85″E / 32.9885417°N 35.5380139°E / 32.9885417; 35.5380139{{#coordinates:32|59|18.75|N|35|32|16.85|E|type:city_region:IL |primary |name=

}}
Palestine grid 200/266
Population 490 (1945)
Date of depopulation May 2, 1948[1]
Cause(s) of depopulation Military assault by Yishuv forces
Current localities Chatzor ha-Gelilit and Ro'sh Pinna

Mughr al-Khayt was a Palestinian Arab village in the Safad Subdistrict. It was depopulated during the 1947–1948 Civil War in Mandatory Palestine on May 2, 1948 by the Palmach's First Battalion of Operation Yiftach. It was located 4.5 km northeast of Safad. In 1945 it had a population of 490.

References

  1. ^ a b Morris, 2004, p. xvi, village #50. Also gives cause of depopulation

Bibliography

</dl>

External links

Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Buffer' not found.